How many points does your credit score go down per hard inquiry?

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: How many points does your credit score go down per hard inquiry?

No worries Wanderer, after 6 months to a year your scores will recover nicely! But yes, that would take ones breath away! lol
12 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: How many points does your credit score go down per hard inquiry?

Depends on your own credit bureau profile. Each one of us may see more or less than someone else. You will find that "average age of accounts" coupled with "oldest accounts" is a biggy. I just openned a Discover Card and a FNBO Visa Bank Card and coupled with the loss of a positive rating from Bank of America Credit Card that dropped off (dated to 1999) my score dropped about 40 points. My Equifax was 804 before and is 769 today. WOW! It hit TU and EX just as hard. Major blew me away.
12 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by InfinitysFall on topic Re: How many points does your credit score go down per hard inquiry?

No they said I would receive a letter in 10 days. But my EQ is 692, EX is 602 and TU is 729. My guess would be the Experian score that has 2 med bills on it that I forget about.
12 years 4 months ago #3
  • hotabs579
  • hotabs579's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by hotabs579 on topic Re: How many points does your credit score go down per hard inquiry?

I had a Equifax score of 708 when a Hyundia dealer did a hard inquiry on my credit on November 3rd. After this I applied for an Amex blue which was declined and a Discover More which was approved. The score is now 692 today. I would like to have one more card but I don't want to drop anymore.

hey did it say why AMEX declined u??
12 years 4 months ago #4

Replied by InfinitysFall on topic Re: How many points does your credit score go down per hard inquiry?

I had a Equifax score of 708 when a Hyundia dealer did a hard inquiry on my credit on November 3rd. After this I applied for an Amex blue which was declined and a Discover More which was approved. The score is now 692 today. I would like to have one more card but I don't want to drop anymore.
12 years 4 months ago #5
  • hotabs579
  • hotabs579's Avatar Topic Author

was created by hotabs579

Just wondering..
12 years 4 months ago #6