Amazon Credit Card

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Amazon

I think any Chase rewards card will link the points to Amazon for redeeming. It kind of sounds like this is just another way to get people to apply for more cards.
8 years 1 month ago #1

Replied by Cents on topic Amazon

I just looked it up and the Chase card looks like the best one. The Store Card is through Synchrony Bank and the APR is a whopping 26.24%. No, thanks. The Chase card varies between 14.49% and 22.49%, depending on your credit. I already have a Chase card with reward points and I can use those points to spend on Amazon, so I'd probably just be better off not getting another card.
8 years 1 month ago #2

Replied by Egghead on topic Which Amazon card?

I just took a look at the Amazon site and their visa looks great. Nice welcome voucher and good rewards if you buy on Amazon a lot. I also saw a link to an Amazon store card, but am not sure what that offers.
8 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by patse on topic Amazon

I always disregard this offer too. I thought it was a bad card. I'll have to look more closely next time. I'm all about deals and perks and lord knows I buy enough from Amazon.com.
8 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by Cents on topic Amazon

I'm pretty sure when I am at their checkout there is a credit card offer that pops up. It usually offers a certainly amount of money off my purchase if I qualify. I never thought about applying because I thought the initial savings was the only perk associated with it, but if they have points or something that equate to money that can be spent on Amazon, I may look into it.
8 years 1 month ago #5

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Amazon

Does Amazon still have a credit card and, if so, what types of rewards currently go with it? I shop on Amazon for everything, so it would make sense for me to get their card if the rewards are decent.
8 years 1 month ago #6

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

I applied for the Amazon.com credit card today. Temporary limit is $2,000. Will update later with full info.

I have been shopping with Amazon a lot so I said why not. I get 3 points per dollar and they gave me a $40 gift certificate upon approval. I am using the card to pay for school books at this time (I also bought 1 DVD, ok). :cheesing:
12 years 6 months ago #7

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

The Amazon store card (Non-Visa) is issued by GEMB and they are a subprime lender. I would say you have a pretty good chance at getting approved but don't expect a large CL from the get-go.
12 years 10 months ago #8

I applied last month for the Chase Amazon Rewards Visa and was approved for the signature card with a 5k limit with an apr of 13.74%.I shop a ton there and as I made a purchase the "40 dollar credit" upon approval caught my eye while i was checking out so I took advantage of it.Since I am a Chase customer my account showed up immediately and so far so good with chase.Chase also upgraded my Freedom card and I will not know until I get the letter.

I like Amazon as well. On Black Friday I got Halo Reach for $25 :fun:. I always end up buying items that I would least expect them to carry.

Amazon is in the hot seat right now though. They're having issues with internet sales tax. I guess it may be coming to all internet sales soon enough...? I've read just one article on the issue myself.

Amazon's new headquarters is beautiful. I saw some pictures online, it's in Seattle's new South Lake Union neighborhood. They have like a whole complex of buildings? Green in all of course. 1 tower and some small buildings. They used to live in an old hospital, which is now empty; creepy!
12 years 10 months ago #9

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

I applied last month for the Chase Amazon Rewards Visa and was approved for the signature card with a 5k limit with an apr of 13.74%.I shop a ton there and as I made a purchase the "40 dollar credit" upon approval caught my eye while i was checking out so I took advantage of it.Since I am a Chase customer my account showed up immediately and so far so good with chase.Chase also upgraded my Freedom card and I will not know until I get the letter.
12 years 10 months ago #10

I would not recommend Chase. They bought my WaMu card which I loved and have done nothing but cause me pain. They arbitrarily raised the APR on my card from WaMu's 14% without warning. I now carry a zero balance with them and PIF every month well before the due date. They won't raise my limit and they won't reduce my APR even as my credit score continues to climb.

If you want something like an iPad, just get a CapitalOne card or another similar card and ask for a BT. Then have them send you a special APR BT check. Cash the check and pay for the iPad. It will get you a special rate and will save you the grief that Chase will give you.

Not really sure if I want an iPad yet. There's rumor of a smaller screen version, that might be more ideal for me. I work in health-care and actually have a lot of downtime, the eReaders (Nook, Kindle) are tempting me because they're so cheap now, but don't have backlights. Lots of my co-workers use them. I work nights so it gets quiet often. The iPad is too large and risky for me because if I needed to sit it down quick I might feel worried to leave it. Rather, the little eReaders are small and more durable. Don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard Apple Geek, but just not 100% sold on the iPad yet. The smaller screen version would also be cheaper...
13 years 6 months ago #11

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

I would not recommend Chase. They bought my WaMu card which I loved and have done nothing but cause me pain. They arbitrarily raised the APR on my card from WaMu's 14% without warning. I now carry a zero balance with them and PIF every month well before the due date. They won't raise my limit and they won't reduce my APR even as my credit score continues to climb.

If you want something like an iPad, just get a CapitalOne card or another similar card and ask for a BT. Then have them send you a special APR BT check. Cash the check and pay for the iPad. It will get you a special rate and will save you the grief that Chase will give you.
13 years 7 months ago #12
  • Roughdraft
  • Roughdraft's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Roughdraft on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

Yeah, I know now not to question Joeyman's knowlege of computers. :cheesing:

Who are you working for? "PCWorld"...? Nice work...!

13 years 7 months ago #13

I'm a die hard mac user. :fun:
13 years 7 months ago #14

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Amazon Credit Card

For the record Macs are compatible with flash player. Microsoft also develops Microsoft office for Mac, in fact their about to release new version now. However, the iPad does not have flash player available. But what mobile device does? None. The thing about the flash war is ridiculous because Adobe hasn't even released a flash player for any mobile device, last I knew it was supposed to be released last year. The version they have running in a beta for Android crashes regularly and drains the battery. So everyone is basically arguing about a product that doesn't even exist now. Using the iPad without flash is also becoming a successful risk for Apple, because sites are now developing in HTML5 where as the flash player isn't necessary. With HTML5 it is all open standards, Rather, Adobe charges thousands for their so called open standard flash language -- while HTML5 is more efficient and requires no additional flash plugin!

- Just my two cents

13 years 7 months ago #15