Amex Green Card Vs Amex Zync card

Replied by interjack on topic Re: Amex Green Card Vs Amex Zync card

I would recommend the Green Card. That would be a great way to step into the door and get a Gold or a Platinum later. I wouldn't really worry about the Zync card. Its marketed as a college student / young adult card. I made the mistake and applied for a Discover student card instead of the regular card. It took them two years to raise my credit limit because of this and I have a slightly higher APR.

I would imagine with this Zync card that Amex would monitor the account more strictly because of the crowd its marketed to.

Amex has been pretty good to me in the past few months. During the turbulent times last year they closed my account after I reported my card stolen. (I was robbed.) I called them earlier this year and talked to them and they encouraged me to apply again online. I did and got the we need more information message. I called in and after verifying my name, my SSN, and address, they just asked me what name I wanted on my card.

They have great CS but look out for account reviews! I know that I won't be calling them too much.
13 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Amex Green Card Vs Amex Zync card

You will have to explain that comment Young Man..........
13 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Amex Green Card Vs Amex Zync card

I've never liked the idea of not being able to pay your balance whenever you want. If I'm swiping a card, I want to be able to pay after 30 days (if I need to).
13 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amex Green Card Vs Amex Zync card

Just got an email, Zync is offeting 10,000 bonus points. Not sure if this is new or not. :shocked:
13 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Amex Green Card Vs Amex Zync card

Zync is primarily marketed at the 20-something crowd. It offers a smaller annual fee. Obviously you could be 70 and apply, but it is meant for the Gen Y'ers or whatever they are called now.
13 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Amex Green Card Vs Amex Zync card

I think the Zync is easier to be approved for. :cc:
13 years 7 months ago #6

Replied by smcc on topic Re: Amex Green Card Vs Amex Zync card

This will depend on your objective. If your sole purpose is to have an AMEX card then the Zinc Card has the smaller Annual Fee. If you plan on using your card to pay for everything, i.e. Food, Gas, Utilities, Travel, etc., I would stay with the Green Card and upgrade at a later date to the Gold Premier Rewards Card (Annual Fee $175). The Gold Premier will let you rack up a lot of points in a small amount of time vs the Green Card.

Again, it all depends on your objective..........

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong but applying for the Zinc Card will cause another hard hit, if your worried about inquiries..........
13 years 7 months ago #7
  • Ernesto
  • Ernesto's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Ernesto

hola everyone, im facing a dilema i just got pre-approved for The American Express Green Card always wanted an AMERICAN EXPRESS in my wallet:cool: so i did my research its pretty good BUT i came across the Zync card by american express.My credit score (from: experian not the 3) is 731 and i have 2 open credit card,and a two year credit history, debt ratio 20% but i have 8 hard inquiries (never look for a car loan in the middle of a recession)

My question is:

would i be approved for the Zync card or should i stick with the Green?
13 years 7 months ago #8