selecting cc wait or not to wait

• diadang
  • diadang's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by diadang on topic Re: selecting cc wait or not to wait

I think most here will want some background on your current credit situation. Did you have to claim bankruptcy ? Are you presently paying off current debt with the objective of paying everything off in the future ? Are you current with all your present bills ? What are your current scores from all three services ?

Many bright minds here and if you could answer some/all of the above questions, you will get great, positive advice to help you rebuild your credit !

Yes we did file BK13, however we were dissmissed after 10 mths. There are some cc charge offs, they are all past the S of L over over 3yrs less than 4. S of L for my state is 3 years. The only bills are Mortgage 1st and 2nd, college loan, for my husband all current. I mortgage 1st and 2nd, and car loan, all husband & I current on debts. I have a disputed ATT bill, never been past due, shows as a Collection Item. I want it removed so I sent a PFD letter, they accepted it.:innocent: Additional last month another collection item appears, the CA did not send a letter just put it on, they finally sent a letter after being placed on my Credit file. It was from an company that I was formerly with, have been in contact the amount is being disputed. Sent letter to CA and CRA's disputing this account.
I have yet to pull FICO scores, my husband had his Identity stolen, prior to BK13 made aware when meeting with BK Atty. 1 account cc over 7K charged off. in process of trying to get removed along with error in his name and addresses. Planning on pulling FICO scores after hearing from CRA's. Recieved positive response from 1 CA still waiting on others to respond. Very hopeful that are CR will only show only what is truly belong to us.:cheerup:Help, thank you
13 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: selecting cc wait or not to wait

Hello, My husband and I are in the process of rebuilding our credit (recession/depression). We are wanting to get a cc once again. I understand that is a good way to increase one's Fico scores. I think our scores a high enough for a non-secured card. HSBC has been sending us offers, there interest rates are high,wanting one with better rates.
Goal for Fico score 715 by Dec./2010. Needing some good advice.

Your FICO score will be 715 by December? That is a very good score considering it is only 3-4 months away. Like SMCC asked, what is the story behind your need to rebuild? To have such a high score (715 by 12/10) it sounds like either your credit did not bomb as much as you think or you have already rebuilt? Do you have charge offs? Unpaid balances? If you do, a 715 FICO is really unlikely.

Obviously, I would recommend waiting until 12/10 to see what your FICO scores are and remember, the scores that TU EXP and EQ give you are a little bloated. If your scores are above 630 then I would recommend using Capital One and Bank of America's pre-approval tools on their websites. You simply enter your information and they do a soft inquiry (nobody but you will see that inquiry on your bureaus) to see what you may be pre-approved for. It is not a guarantee of credit, but a good tool to see what is avaialble to you. I recommend that you stay clear away from First Premier and Applied Bank. And if you truly do have a 715 FICO, stay away from HSBC as well.
13 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by smcc on topic Re: selecting cc wait or not to wait

I think most here will want some background on your current credit situation. Did you have to claim bankruptcy ? Are you presently paying off current debt with the objective of paying everything off in the future ? Are you current with all your present bills ? What are your current scores from all three services ?

Many bright minds here and if you could answer some/all of the above questions, you will get great, positive advice to help you rebuild your credit !
13 years 7 months ago #3
  • diadang
  • diadang's Avatar Topic Author

was created by diadang

Hello, My husband and I are in the process of rebuilding our credit (recession/depression). We are wanting to get a cc once again. I understand that is a good way to increase one's Fico scores. I think our scores a high enough for a non-secured card. HSBC has been sending us offers, there interest rates are high,wanting one with better rates.
Goal for Fico score 715 by Dec./2010. Needing some good advice.
:white-flag:
Thank You
13 years 7 months ago #4