American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card

Replied by julienne on topic Re: American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card

If I have a job like George Clooney in the movie "Up in the Air", I'd pay for the $450 AF. lol
13 years 11 months ago #1

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card

I know! If you are not a huge traveler, I would not get an Amex Platinum. It was pretty much an ego thing for me. Right now, I am going to wait until June before I make a final desicion to downgrade or not. I am leaning towards a down grade. I still don't know if I want my origional Amex Green back or try the Amex Gold out.

Yeah. I had a Gold Card many years ago (back when the fee was "only" $75 but Membership Rewards was an extra $20-$25). I have to be honest, at the age of 20 I felt pretty darn good flashing that card around, but that was the only major benefit I could see of having it. I believe Gold Card Events is the only major difference between it and the Green card. But for an extra $30 over Green, you might as well get the Gold card.
14 years 1 week ago #2

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card

For people that don't travel that often might benefit most from the Amex Green or maybe one of the Amex Golds, charge card wise.
14 years 1 week ago #3

Replied by Meya on topic Re: American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card

Cnative, Young Man, appreciate your feedback and Cnative your right, its a credit card. forgive me here but $450 annual fee for a credit card ? Thanks again

Like Eldarwen stated, "this card is designed for those who will benefit from it"! Some people apply for the card for its design, bank brand,..etc, but those who benefit for it does not mind the $450 annual fee especially if they are receiving some type of incentives for a trip that they are required to take annually. I would scream trying to pay $450 in annual fees because I do not pay $450 per year to airlines for traveling.:laugh:
14 years 1 week ago #4

Long time no see Eldarwen. I have been reading up on the charge cards and unless someone travels at excess and has a lot to spend, the Platinum just isn't worth the extra $325 over Gold.

I know! If you are not a huge traveler, I would not get an Amex Platinum. It was pretty much an ego thing for me. Right now, I am going to wait until June before I make a final desicion to downgrade or not. I am leaning towards a down grade. I still don't know if I want my origional Amex Green back or try the Amex Gold out.
14 years 1 week ago #5

Right now, I am considering downgrading my Amex Platinum to the Amex Green or the Gold. I am finding that it is not worth it for me to be carrying around a card that costs me $450 a year to have. It just doesn't make sense for me since I don't travel so much.

Long time no see Eldarwen. I have been reading up on the charge cards and unless someone travels at excess and has a lot to spend, the Platinum just isn't worth the extra $325 over Gold.
14 years 1 week ago #6

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card

E - I had the American Express Platinum (Charge) Card for the $450 fee. My usage did not ever come to the point justifying the fee cost. It was more in my head as to my own worth. Once I figured that out it was gone.
14 years 1 week ago #7

Right now, I am considering downgrading my Amex Platinum to the Amex Green or the Gold. I am finding that it is not worth it for me to be carrying around a card that costs me $450 a year to have. It just doesn't make sense for me since I don't travel so much.
14 years 1 week ago #8

Thing is, those who can benefit from what this card has to offer will not mind paying the AF because the rewards will make up for the AF and more.

True true.
14 years 1 month ago #9

Cnative, Young Man, appreciate your feedback and Cnative your right, its a credit card. forgive me here but $450 annual fee for a credit card ? Thanks again

I agree, if I were to pay $450 I would get the Platinum Card. That way you could use your Membership Rewards for any airline. Someone who really wants a Delta Skymiles should just go with the Gold and save some money.
14 years 1 month ago #10

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card

Thing is, those who can benefit from what this card has to offer will not mind paying the AF because the rewards will make up for the AF and more.
14 years 1 month ago #11
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by smcc on topic Re: American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card

14 years 1 month ago #12

The rewards for this card are better than the Platinum probably because you can only redeem the miles earned for Delta airfare. So if someone flies frequently with Delta, they would be able to benefit from what this card has to offer.

Plus it is a credit card so balances can be carried over. And, it is not bad looking.
14 years 1 month ago #13

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: American Express Delta Reserve Credit Card

The rewards for this card are better than the Platinum probably because you can only redeem the miles earned for Delta airfare. So if someone flies frequently with Delta, they would be able to benefit from what this card has to offer.
14 years 1 month ago #14
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by smcc

All:

Anyone have this card ? AMEX's site says $450 annual fee. Good for frequent travelers and miles per purchase are better than Platinum.
14 years 1 month ago #15