Visa with Chip and pin technology?

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Visa with Chip and pin technology?

I know chase makes one.. they are good for some places in Europe.. not sure about barclay's version or if its even worth it. If you travel a lot to europe or brazil sure. But I dont know of any vendors that do it nation wide in the us yet.

For your information most of the prime bank credit card issuers have chip and pin cards. They started to show up (summer 2011) in the cards used by those that traveled overseas. Banks such as Wells Fargo, Chase, Citi Bank, US Bank, Bank of America offer such cards. In looking around, the chip and pin has been included in the higher end bank cards generally that are travel based rewards not cash. Also, many of the higher end cards have higher qualification requirements of income, and credit record. To see what I am talking about do a search on Chase Credit Cards and you will see a sampling of the market.

In theory the cards cost more to produce so the US banking market place along with the merchants aren't really interested in investing in the equipment to read the chip and pin technology. Moral of the story, regular USA cards are not being rushed out with chip and pin technology since the equipment is not present to use it for the regular people in the USA.
11 years 6 months ago #31

Replied by relidtm on topic Re: Visa with Chip and pin technology?

Does anyone know if the Priceline Visa from Barclay's has chip and pin technology? Also what Visa cards do have this technology?

I know chase makes one.. they are good for some places in Europe.. not sure about barclay's version or if its even worth it. If you travel a lot to europe or brazil sure. But I dont know of any vendors that do it nation wide in the us yet.
11 years 6 months ago #32

was created by royal

Does anyone know if the Priceline Visa from Barclay's has chip and pin technology? Also what Visa cards do have this technology?
11 years 6 months ago #33