Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

Who knows? However, they should also get the boot from the government and close their company also for their ridiculous fees.
15 years 5 months ago #46

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

I hope this includes First Premier also.

First Premier isn't CompuCredit is it? And why is only the Salute being shut down if the others aren't? Or is it just 1st Bank of Delaware pulling out and CompuCredit was only the servicer?

I went to a lot of those cards websites and they all look the same.
15 years 5 months ago #47

My father received a pre-approval for a First Premier card in the mail today. I told him to throw it into the shredder since he already has two Capital One cards and an HSBC card.
15 years 5 months ago #48

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

Ohhhh yes, every company saw this comming, even Wall Street! :laugh: :innocent:
15 years 5 months ago #49

Maybe they saw this coming and the government forced them to shut down their operations temporarily.
15 years 5 months ago #50

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

According to the rep I spoke to, she stated that the financing bank, Urban Trust & Bank, has refused to further fund the credit card, which led to the immediate shutdown of the card. I dont understand why they couldnt state the reason in the letter. Anyways, if you have a balance you still have to pay it regardless if its closed.
15 years 5 months ago #51

I hope this includes First Premier also.
15 years 5 months ago #52

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

WOW!!! This is crazy... I am not sure if any of you read by comment on a post for the Imagine Card today. But, 4 years ago I had the Aspen Card with 1st Bank of Delaware, the managing company for these cards is Compucredit Corporation out of Atlanta Georgia. Well, long story short, I had a lot of problems in dealing with Compucredit and that card, there CS is outsourced and the reps provide you with absolutely nothing at all. I had a problem with payments posting and getting charged late fees and I went back and forth with useless reps until finally I wrote a letter to the BBB. Immediately after they were contacted by the BBB, they refunded all the fees charged and sent me a letter apologizing about what happened.

A couple of weeks ago, I got this strange call from a number in Utah and it was a representative from the FDIC. Apparently, they are currently doing an investigation of this company (Compucredit) because they have received thousands of complaints on this company from Marketing Techniques, Lack of Customer Service and other issues. I had to give her this whole 15 minute recorded statement about what happened with me and she said that she would be in contact if she needed anything.

Just so everyone is aware, Compucredit Corporation manages the Imagine, Salute, Aspen and Tribute cards. If anyone has any of these cards, beware because it would appear as though this company is being shut down by the government.
15 years 5 months ago #53

Congrats on the new approval, wrknprogrs! Good luck with Salute. :cool:
15 years 5 months ago #54
  • wrknprogrs
  • wrknprogrs's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by wrknprogrs on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

I hadn't even thought about requesting the annual free refund! You think they would have put a notice on their website.

Shortly after making my earlier post I went online to http://www.hooterscard.com/faq/hc_mastercard_faq.aspx and applied for their card. This afternoon someone called me verifying my information and told me I'm approved for a $750.00 limit and I should get my card in the mail in about 7 business days.

I'm going to pay off Salute this week and hope they report accurately to the CB's.
15 years 5 months ago #55

Technically, they are supposed to refund your annual fee but dealing with these guys is almost impossible so I wish you the best of luck.
15 years 5 months ago #56

Replied by briank89 on topic Re: Salute Visa Discontinuing Brand

We had the same thing happen to us. I asked if they were going out of business and they wouldn't answer my question, I asked if they could offer me another card in a different program and they said we have your information in our database, if another program does come up, we will send you information. I said like you said you sent the letter stating you closed my account. I won't hold my breath. They quoted that they had the write to close the account at any time without notice. I asked them to prorate and credit my account for the annual fee.
15 years 5 months ago #57
  • wrknprogrs
  • wrknprogrs's Avatar Topic Author

was created by wrknprogrs

This morning I logged into my Salute.com account and found I had $0.00 available credit - I'm puzzled because my credit limit is $750.00 and my current balance is only 210.00. I have never missed a payment, gone over limit and have had the card since 2007 - the first card after BK. I called the bank and was given someone in the Phillipines (sp) who provided me no information. I was finally transferred to a live person in Atlanta and was told all Salute brand cards are being discontinued - not transferred to another bank, nothing. A ltter was sent out they claim on 11/02 but I haven't received mine yet. I was in shock. Supposed I was out someplace about to use the card - that would have been awful.
:upset:

Wrknprogrs
15 years 5 months ago #58