Re: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

• Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Way to go Crazy2k5! :white-flag:

Way to go Crazy2k5!
:white-flag:
16 years 1 week ago #2311

Replied by CLIFTON on topic You are on track most

You are on track most definitely. Pay on time and don't go pass your limit, and pay more than the minimum (if possible) every time you do pay.
16 years 1 week ago #2312

Replied by Crazy2k5 on topic I am glad to report

I am glad to report that my credit repairs have been paying off. I have been getting cli on a lot of my cards. In this last couple of months I have gotten a cli on my merrick bank visa went from $700 to $900. My macys card went from $100 to $500. My walmart card went from $250 to $400. My exxon mobile card went from $300 to $400 and last but not least my capital one card went from $300 to $500. I am going to keep paying my balances in full. I think I am on the right track.
16 years 1 week ago #2313
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :white-flag:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :white-flag:
16 years 2 weeks ago #2314

Replied by CLIFTON on topic This is the correct way

This is the correct way to use credit buddie. I barley use them myself, it is a very good practice either not make the same mistakes before, or not to fall into a hole you can't dig yourself out of.

And that is something that I am not trying to do. :cool:

Especially since I am in a big hole already.
16 years 2 weeks ago #2315
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic This is the correct way

This is the correct way to use credit buddie. I barley use them myself, it is a very good practice either not make the same mistakes before, or not to fall into a hole you can't dig yourself out of.
:fun:
16 years 2 weeks ago #2316

Replied by CLIFTON on topic That will be a real

That will be a real tough one. I honestly can’t live without my credit cards, there is no way I would be able to support myself. Good luck to you my friend, you are better then me.

What I mean by lock down is that I plan to bring my cards all down to zero balances and use them only to make major purchases (i.e. airline tickets) or very small purchases (ie. japanese take out with friends) to keep them active. This is good thing because it will allow me to micromanage my credit more effectively. I dont have option of using my cards to support myself at this time. I plan on going to making most of my purchases in cash, but I aint givin' up my hard earned credit. In fact, I want to keep building it.
16 years 2 weeks ago #2317

Replied by sophie on topic That will be a real

That will be a real tough one. I honestly can’t live without my credit cards, there is no way I would be able to support myself. Good luck to you my friend, you are better then me.

16 years 2 weeks ago #2318
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Clifton, that will be a

Clifton, that will be a very important thread to have going on. I have seen it on a few occasions with other members here. I will support you and have your back all the way through it! I believe you have made the best decision in regards to your situation.
:relieved:
16 years 2 weeks ago #2319

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Thanks for your support Meya

Thanks for your support Meya and everyone else here. But to be quite honest, I am going to need everyone's support for a long time to come because of other financial issues that I am going to deal with soon (you know what they are). Because they are about to be dealt with I am going to have to go into full credit card lock down mode. In fact, I am going to have to start a thread on this because I am going to have to get everyone's feedback on this. All of it will be great appreciated.
16 years 2 weeks ago #2320
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic :white-flag: :white-flag: :birthday: You go

:white-flag: :white-flag: :birthday:

You go buddie! It is your b-day!
16 years 2 weeks ago #2321

Replied by CLIFTON on topic Called the backdoor number again

Called the backdoor number again at Cap1 today and received another 500 dollar CLI. So now on both of my Cap1 Platinum Visa Cards my limits are at 1600 dollars (my highest limit card now!) and 1100 dollars. I will call them again in a couple of months to try to get another increase on the card that is now at a 1100 dollar limit. Cap1 has its detractors. I am not one of them (yet). :cool: :cool: :cheesing: :cheesing: :cool: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 2 weeks ago #2322
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic :white-flag: :white-flag: Now there you

:white-flag: :white-flag:
Now there you go, answers can not come any better!
16 years 2 weeks ago #2323

Replied by hjm331 on topic The most important factors in

The most important factors in your FICO score are payment history and utlization. If you make payments on time on a consistent basis, then you're good to go. You also have to keep your utilization down meaning the more debt shows up onto your statement, the higher the score you need to make-up for that debt in order for your score not drop dramatically.
16 years 2 weeks ago #2324
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic It will rise because you

It will rise because you have paid on time for six months straight. It is not according to how much you charge. Fico has their own method on how many points you get per month/6 months especially since our scores change on a daily basis.
16 years 2 weeks ago #2325