USAA Federal Savings Bank Product Conversions Master Card to Visa

Replied by MikeJ on topic USAA Federal Savings Bank Product Conversions Master Card to Visa

I was outside of the window and, I had never activated that particular MasterCard Debit card - it was setup as an alternate account attached to my main account. Nobody's fault but my own - I thought that I had activated it.
7 years 4 months ago #1
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wanderer on topic USAA Federal Savings Bank Product Conversions Master Card to Visa

There was a window of thirty days when the Master Card Credit Card worked after the Visa Card was mailed. USAA sent e-mail alerts (possibly other methods as I also received a mailed notice) on what date the Master Card would be deactivated. The USAA Master Card Debit Cards followed the same process. Anybody that was a member of USAA was informed by mail and at least e-mail during 2015 about the forth coming network change. How you were not informed is beyond me as I was well informed and it has been a discussion topic on several blogs.
7 years 4 months ago #2

Replied by Moneyes on topic USAA Federal Savings Bank Product Conversions Master Card to Visa

I never knew about any of this until now. My gut tells me that this isn't good. All this consolidation that's going on.......I don't like it.

And Mike.....they should have honored the promo code. It should have been grandfathered over.
7 years 4 months ago #3

Replied by MikeJ on topic USAA Federal Savings Bank Product Conversions Master Card to Visa

All of my USAA MasterCard debit cards have now been replaced with the Visa chip cards. This really bit me in the butt the other day when I went to order something from Newegg and was unable to use a promo code for $25 off when using MasterPass... I thought that I had one more MasterCard but they'd all been replaced with Visa's.
7 years 4 months ago #4

Replied by FrankN on topic USAA Federal Savings Bank Product Conversions Master Card to Visa

Mastercard isn't going anywhere. This actually happens more behind the scenes than people realize
7 years 8 months ago #5

Replied by patse on topic USAA Federal Savings Bank Product Conversions Master Card to Visa

I have not noticed that any of my cards have changed to Visa's. That seems quite odd to me. I wonder what is going on with Mastercard? They have been around for so long. I wouldn't mind American Express dying out, by why Mastercard?
7 years 8 months ago #6

Replied by Breakinger on topic USAA Federal Savings Bank Product Conversions Master Card to Visa

I've noticed that Visa really seems to be popular nowadays. I'm just wondering if my Paypal card that just got switched over to Master Card will end up doing the same thing in a few years?
7 years 8 months ago #7
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

USAA Federal Savings Bank Product Conversions Master Card to Visa was created by Wanderer

Got my notice by e-mail June 27, 2016 that my USAA World Master Card was being product changed to a USAA Visa Signature Card in the next two weeks. I did not want to change but it was not a discussion topic. They did notify me the fall of 2015 that the change was in the works. What is with Master Card? Why do they seem to be disappearing? A sad day for me as I don't need anymore Visa Credit Cards.
7 years 8 months ago #8