Citi Forward Visa (Legacy 5x category) Card

Replied by patse on topic Citi Forward Visa (Legacy 5x category) Card

I don't know anything about the Thank You points. I guess I'm going to have to do some research. I wonder why I didn't get notified about the change yet. I'm sure I have this card.
7 years 11 months ago #1
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wanderer on topic Citi Forward Visa (Legacy 5x category) Card

They have allowed me to product change different Citi Cards in the past. Since I really did not need any other cards I closed it. The customer service rep offered to convert me to the Citi Double Cash Master Card but I informed her I already had it and so went to retention and closed. Also, in today's world for my spending pattern "Thank You" points were of little value and cash is at 1/2% instead of 1% plus.
8 years 2 days ago #2

Replied by Breakinger on topic Citi Forward Visa (Legacy 5x category) Card

This is the card that I have. I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet about the switch over, but I'm sure it's on its way. I really don't like the rewards system on this card and I'm also thinking about closing the account. Do you know if they offer a different card that I could switch to instead?
8 years 2 days ago #3
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Citi Forward Visa (Legacy 5x category) Card was created by Wanderer

Citi Bank notified me today (March 25, 2016) that effective to June 4, 2016 the rewards on the older version Citi Forward Visa Cards with the 5x Legacy Card categories were changing to the same program as the Citi Preferred Thank You Master Card (contacted a Citi Rep) and the categories would be earning rewards at a 2:1 ratio on restaurants, music, movies and books (formerly 5:1). Rumors were floating the fall of 2015 this would happen and it did. Closed the account as the the card does not fit my spending pattern or utilization. Already have better cards but for 2012 it was good. Thank You Points don't fit my life style but, do work for the traveler.
8 years 2 days ago #4