Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

This is definitely my favorite forum! It's nice to know the good feelings of our members. I think I need to add a teary-eyed smiley

Thats how it all started everyone!:white-flag:

ps, pam, you just had me rolling over when you said that about Mcdonalds being up the street, I do the same thing when I am asked whats for dinner. I just had to get up from the pc (on the network) to cook the kids something because my ends is sort of funny right now....lol
15 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Eldarwen on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

I love this place! I have learned more here than anywhere else. I have learned to stop applying for cards I don't need before I really pulled my score down. I can't wait to get home from work to see what is going on here!
15 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

omg Meya you hit the nail on the head i have put my sister on hold for 30 minutes so i can post or if my hubby comes home and ask what is for dinner i pull out $20 and say Mcdonalds is up the the street. :cheesing: :cheesing: :cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

This is definitely my favorite forum! It's nice to know the good feelings of our members. I think I need to add a teary-eyed smiley :fun:.

I think that this is a nice place to share the story about how the FN was started.

Around August of 2007: Meya, Theo, Brammy, Eric, Debratt, Defonte, Pamela and several other dedicated credit card review members asked if there was a way to communicate, besides posting in the reviews. I decided that a small PM program would do the trick... After several weeks, I noticed that the percentage of new members were increasing by the day. Meya, a selfless volunteer, and I discussed the possibility of some type of network to connect people with tools and topics. Well, here we are now, still in the beginning phase of it all :fun:.

I know that I have allot of work to do, and I try to keep up with Meya and the rest of the family. And I love it :cheesing:. The FN has really pushed me to learn allot about structure, etiquette, programming, and of course finance!

Thanks everyone,

Mike
15 years 10 months ago #4

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

MEYA! I admit it too!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of the time, if not MORE when im on the pc.. its on this website!

I too have been bitten by the FG bug...

Like when my hubby says "Ready?"... and if I happen to b on FG... my answer is always... "in a minute" which turns into 10 minutes until he comes back in the room saying "LETS GO!!!!!!!!!" :laugh:
15 years 10 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

mrrob, pamela2, and rwmtd, you guys are so so so loved by me. I think that was the sweetiest words that could be heard by anyone. Talking about "Where's the kleenex" my eyes are running like crazy over here. I know FG is going to love these postings, I am telling you guys, when this site was built, I do not have a life anywhere else besides here. Somebody stop me!
:laugh: :laugh:

PS, my friends come by here, and call here, everytime they do the first thing that is said, "I know you are on that computer" or "I thought you said school was out". Sometimes I was too shame to tell them that the mass majority of time was spent on Fg when I was making up lies and excuses to them. Am I the only one that feels that way or is there someone else in here that has lied and said to someone :

1. Let me call you right back because I am cleaning my house up
2. Rush people off the phone because you can not talk and type at the same time
3. I'm doing homework right now so I will call you back
4. I have to go and pick up something from my mom, I'll be right back! Only to get busted by the person you was talking to when they pass by your house and see your car still outside

Or does this happen to you when you are on FG site
1. Skin crawls when someone calls your name (kids, husband, firends etc.) to do something
2. Doorbell rings
3. Phone rings
4. PC decides to slow down
5. Have an appointment to be there and you cant get up from the pc
6. Time goes by tooo fast and you miss something
7. Had something to do but forgot about it
8. Dont feel like being botherd by anyone

If any of this happend to you, then guess what? You have been bitten by the FG bug! : laugh :: innocent:
15 years 10 months ago #6

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

LOL, Pamela2, OMG I thought I was addicted, I find myself glued to the site so I won't miss out on any "breaking news". I feel the same way the folks here at FG are so helpful and the information is so useful. I've been on quite a few "credit" sites and the folks on this site are the best hands down. Meya and HJM, just to name a few, totally rock thanks for answering my questions.

You know you are addicted when you can tell when there are new credit card reviews posted. I think I need an intervention. :cheesing:

We are family!!! :laugh: :cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

LOVE IT and my husband thanks im addicted to this site now because :

-at 3am in the morning my husbands back makes a perfect place to rest the laptop while im in bed doing "credit research"

-my 4 year old son unplugs the computer and im running around yelling things that i shouldn't and thinking omg he has broke the computer and i whip out a cc to buy another one .sorry baby for yelling!

_my daughter gets on and stays on longer than a minute and i run over and hurry her off so i can get on (thats bad i know)

-every time we go out of town i have to take the lap top so i can log in (at the mall no joke, mcdonalds, or anywhere there is wifi)

_Most of all i love it because of the advice and help i got from the people on here!

FG you are the best and im proud to call this site my other family love you guys!: cheesing :: cheesing :: fun :: fun:
15 years 10 months ago #8

Replied by mrrob on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

This board is great. Coming from a person who once had FICO's in the 700's it doesn't make you feel good when you attempt to get info from various boards only to be made to feel worse by some responses. I have not found those type responses on this board. This board has truly been a great help and what can anyone say about Meya, she has been great. I just wanted to say thank you all for not making me feel miserable but have been made to feel that I can get back on my feet by reading the comments posted on this board. Peace and blessings to all of you
mrrob
15 years 10 months ago #9

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

Porgy1000 was a member that really did give honest and insightful information. I'm not sure what happened, but several months ago, he decided to delete all of his 195 posts, therefore leaving the board useless, due to the replies from his posts. This was a form of sabotage to the FN, and therefore, his membership became banned. I'm not sure if this was a competitor, or someone that just got kicks from doing this.

It was probably Bank of America AND FICO that shut the man down. :cool:

All he was doing was revealing the truth!
15 years 10 months ago #10

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

Well for starters, I can say I came into this network with some pretty "Hard Learned" experiences and only by stumbling through this genre we call "Credit Frinzy". I have learned that pulling my own credit each month can potentially harm my credit file and cause a split, which is something I've never heard of before until I came to the Finance Globe Network. I'm grateful for this site.

Rockin35!:cheesing:
15 years 10 months ago #11

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

Porgy1000 was a member that really did give honest and insightful information. I'm not sure what happened, but several months ago, he decided to delete all of his 195 posts, therefore leaving the board useless, due to the replies from his posts. This was a form of sabotage to the FN, and therefore, his membership became banned. I'm not sure if this was a competitor, or someone that just got kicks from doing this. :worried:
15 years 10 months ago #12

Replied by yoyo11 on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

i'm wondering the same thing...how can someone get banned on this site.......wow:dumbfounded:
15 years 10 months ago #13

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Finance Globe - Love it or ????????

Why is Porgy1000 banned? He gave extremely good advice. A lot of the links and articles that he posted have been very helpful and quite an affirmation of what we may suspect about banks and how they do business. And although he is extremely negative, and perhaps since he has more money than any of us combined, he really provoked some thought. (I might be speaking for myself here.)

I love Finance Globe. I have learned so much from this website. You should see my wallet...loaded with CC and none of them have balances except for my Capital One, JC Penney, and Kohls. I know my FICO has risen...all because of Finance Globe. It was divine intervention, I believe.

Why I love Finance Globe:

I love Finance Globe because I found a group of people that have been through the same financial h*ll that I have been through regarding credit. People that had poor examples as parents regarding financial responsibility and as a result, screwed up their credit, yet they are people that WANT to be financially responsible and have enough pride to want a good FICO. People who learn from their mistakes...

Let me first state that I am a graduated professional and have a degree in Engineering that has opened up doors I never knew existed...especially financially. I got through college, on my own, paid for by me (3x over if you count all the finance charges accrued from late payments, judgments, etc.). Now that I am earning the $$ (that I so deserve, thank you), I am applying for the credit I deserve...to no avail. Why? Because I owe so much from my days of having no help, no education from my parents about financial responsibility, and no resources for money except crappy low-paying jobs with long hours.

However, I never ever missed a beat on my student loans. I knew I could never mess with a creditor that financed my education. There were actually times when I went hungry, or accepted a date with a man who I was uninterested just so I could feast at Happy Hour (not kidding), so that I would have the money to pay my student loan. My gf Andrea who was in the same situation said, "FREE FOOD," and I listened.

Anyway, I accepted that dreadful offer from FPB because, well, I needed a credit card. Some other way to help rebuild my credit after the financial ruin of a young white 20-something female trying desperately to earn that damn degree. And guess what? The FPB card worked! The I received a Capital One.

On a whim, I applied for a JCPenney months upon months later. Online (so as to avoid the embarrassment of being denied) and voila! Approved! I was like, "HUH?" I didn't even understand why someone would give me credit based on the fact that I had 3 collections, 3 charge offs, and 2 judgements. I googled it, and here came Finance Globe and another site askmrcreditcard.com.

Needless to say, I applied for cards just to raise my FICO and it worked. My utilization is well below 35% and time...well in time I will be in the 700 club! It is very rewarding!
15 years 10 months ago #14

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Actually, all the credit goes

Actually, all the credit goes to Mike!

Not just to me! I just listen to your requests and try to make it happen. Everyone that writes a good review, adds to the forum, or to the credit status program makes this site what it is. The dedicated members that are here more than a few times a week (or few times a day) :cheesing: really makes this site energetic and keeps people motivated.
16 years 2 months ago #15