Why does American Express pull reports from all three credit agencies?

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Why does American Express pull reports from all three credit agencies?

You may also consider pulling your credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com , so you can ensure the accuracy of your credit monitoring system.
12 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Why does American Express pull reports from all three credit agencies?

First off, they have every right to pull all 3 reports. Some creditors simply choose to only pull one or two. Creditors will also pull from different agencies depending upon your geographical location. If I remember correctly, Amex only pulled Experian with me (one year ago). I am located in Oregon.

The fact they choose to pull all three doesn't have much impact on the denial, in my opinion. How old are you? How many years of credit history do you have? Have you had a bankruptcy? Any late payments? Most people - including myself - have found more success applying for a Amex charge card, letting it age, and then applying for a card like the Blue Cash. Amex typically approves charge cards easier because it's less risk. If you do this, I suggest something like the Zync charge card; and use it like crazy (remember you have to pay in full)! Once Amex sees you spend a lot and can pay they'll be much more enticed giving you another card.

At this point, I suggest waiting about six months so that you don't occur so many hard inquiries on your credit report. Amex, in particular, is very picky about too many inquiries.

Good luck!
12 years 4 months ago #2
  • JusdoNit
  • JusdoNit's Avatar Topic Author

was created by JusdoNit

Can someone please tell me; Why does American Express pull reports from all three credit agencies? This was my third time applying for an Amex card. I was denied for Hilton Honors, then Costco Amex, and then just recently it said I was denied on my recent Blue app because my score was rated as an 679 from Experian with several multiple inquiries.

My scores are EX 712(wells fargo), but consistantly 708 on Experian's website. EQ 726 and TU 738. They pulled Experian all three times which happens to be my lowest score. When I went to check my application status last night to print out a copy of my denial letter the website was no longer saying denied, but "In Progress". Then, this morning I go to check my email and have all these alerts from every credit bureau saying Amex has basically pulled them all. Huh? :dumbfounded:
12 years 4 months ago #3