is it really 2 years before hard inquiries are removed?

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: is it really 2 years before hard inquiries are removed?

It's been my experience that they will take into account the number of times that you applied for credit (it definately raises a red flag to them that there may be some despiration).

You could give the creditors a call to see if they would do a recon.

Hope that this helped.

Cheers,

BJ
12 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by derek1061 on topic Re: is it really 2 years before hard inquiries are removed?

It takes 2 years for inquiries to be removed from your credit report, but usually credit lenders only review the last 6 months
12 years 3 months ago #2
  • slev0409
  • slev0409's Avatar Topic Author

was created by slev0409

I got a little crazy applying for credit cards this year to save money on Christmas spending. In the process I was able to save a lot and was approved for great credit (which boosted my score more than it hurt it, my debt-to-credit ratio is less than 10%) but of course now I have many hard inquiries and am afraid I have applied for too many cards because I am starting to get denied. Can I call these companies to request reconsideration so that I am able to earn the rewards or should I just wait to re-apply when the inquries become old enough that it doesn't send a red flags? And usually how long does that take? 6 months, 1 year, 2 years? Thanks!
12 years 3 months ago #3