Looking for a good cc to raise score

Replied by derek1061 on topic Re: Looking for a good cc to raise score

How quickly your able to rebuild depends on several factors; how long has it been since you were last delinquent, the severity of the delinquency (60 days past due, 90 days past due, charge off), if you have been able to obtain credit since you first delinquency occurred have you made timely payments and kept balances low? All these things come into play. As far as getting another credit card I would recommend the Capital One Classic Platinum, it is almost a guaranteed approval. If your looking for a secured credit card I would recommend the Bank of America Secured Visa.
12 years 6 months ago #1
  • Chuckie777
  • Chuckie777's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Chuckie777 on topic Re: Looking for a good cc to raise score

As the other poster informed you, every bank card will do a hard inquiry credit check. Orchard is a good starting card as is Capital One. Note however, they will pull hard inquirys and they will report to all three credit bureaus. I have had both. After getting re-established which took several years, I closed both of them out once prime cards were my game. It took ten years for me to get out of the cellar of sub prime cards and low FICO Scores. Today, I have prime and scores around 800+. It can be done. You will likely NOT have to wait but a couple three years an you will find some prime cards available. You cannot rush the time factor (I tried and it didn't work). Patience and good solid payment practices, aging of the bad stuff and minimum inquirys. Note, bad stuff stays on at least seven years. However the older it get the less effect it has on your FICO Scores.

Looking to raise middle score 536 to at least 650 and high score 609 to at least 680 low score is 513 looking to get to at least 600, looking at trying to get this done in less than a year if thats possible,,,
12 years 6 months ago #2
  • Chuckie777

orchard reports to all 3 bureaus but from my experience they are about 3 to months behind....

did'nt get your full answer.do they report in a timely manner or am I going to have a problem?
12 years 6 months ago #3

Replied by tc2771 on topic Re: Looking for a good cc to raise score

orchard reports to all 3 bureaus but from my experience they are about 3 to months behind....
12 years 6 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Looking for a good cc to raise score

As the other poster informed you, every bank card will do a hard inquiry credit check. Orchard is a good starting card as is Capital One. Note however, they will pull hard inquirys and they will report to all three credit bureaus. I have had both. After getting re-established which took several years, I closed both of them out once prime cards were my game. It took ten years for me to get out of the cellar of sub prime cards and low FICO Scores. Today, I have prime and scores around 800+. It can be done. You will likely NOT have to wait but a couple three years an you will find some prime cards available. You cannot rush the time factor (I tried and it didn't work). Patience and good solid payment practices, aging of the bad stuff and minimum inquirys. Note, bad stuff stays on at least seven years. However the older it get the less effect it has on your FICO Scores.
12 years 6 months ago #5
  • Chuckie777

The Orchard band secured cc seems to have some positive reviews,does anyone know if they do credit checks, and do they really report to all three bureaus?
12 years 6 months ago #6

Replied by PhynanciallySavvy on topic Re: Looking for a good cc to raise score

..."that does not do a credit check if possible":

That kind of credit card company only exists in the form of pre-paid Visas and MCs. Otherwise, any and EVERY lender is going to pull your credit reports - even if it's for a secured card.

I'd suggest searching on FG and google for sub-prime CC's - because that's where you're going to have to start... Be patient though! Building good credit takes years. Not months - years!

Good luck.

-PS
12 years 6 months ago #7
  • Chuckie777

was created by Chuckie777

My scores are low (512) mid (535) high (609) need a good card to begin working on my score, have read a lot of horror stories about fees, can any one help with suggestions, have looked on the web and undecided, need a good one that does not do credit check if possible.
12 years 6 months ago #8