Discover More Card

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Discover More Card

Applied today and was denied over the phone. 679 EQ, 704 EX, 733 TU. Had tons of inquiries. 11 EQ, 12 EX and 4 TU. Don't like that you can be denied for inquiries as I have been approved for cards I did not accept because of the final terms. Like Credit One, BestBuy Rewards MC, which I immediately closed for low limits being offered. Guess, I learned a lesson here. Also, some cards I just had no business applying for early on as they were for peeps with A--1 credit. Well no more for me. Got several cards, but failed at the major ones

Inquiries do stay on your report for two years; however, most creditors prefer none within the last six months. In your case, I'd wait until at least five or so fall off. :thumbsup:
12 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by JusdoNit on topic Discover More Card

:dumbfounded:Applied today and was denied over the phone. 679 EQ, 704 EX, 733 TU. Had tons of inquiries. 11 EQ, 12 EX and 4 TU. Don't like that you can be denied for inquiries as I have been approved for cards I did not accept because of the final terms. Like Credit One, BestBuy Rewards MC, which I immediately closed for low limits being offered. Or how about recieving an Inquiry for an approved card, but for failing Identity questions about yourself or for being in a rush and transposing the numbers of your income (and you know that's why the card was denied as you were at the last stage of approval). Sheesh! Guess, I learned a lesson here. Also, some cards I just had no business applying for early on as they were for peeps with A--1 credit. Well no more for me. Got several dept score cards, but failed at the major ones : (
12 years 7 months ago #2
  • Nuovocapitolo
  • Nuovocapitolo's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Nuovocapitolo

I got the "need more time" processing message when applying....What has been the average time to "wait" with you guys who have applied and got this message?

***update--got approved for $500....a start, can't complain.
12 years 7 months ago #3