Visa, Amex, Mastercard etc

Replied by hjm331 on topic I also started with two

I also started with two credit cards. BofA and Cap1. They have not done me wrong and continue to please me ;)
16 years 2 months ago #1

Replied by Meya on topic Thats how I started 2

Thats how I started 2 CREDIT CARDS!!!!
:scared: :scared: :scared: :fun:
16 years 2 months ago #2

Replied by hjm331 on topic Cobalt, do you have large

Cobalt, do you have large credit lines on those two cards?
16 years 2 months ago #3

Replied by cobalt007 on topic Well it is not good

Well it is not good to have too many credit cards, it can get you in trouble. I have only two credit cards. One Visa and other MasterCard and I am happy with it :P
16 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by hjm331 on topic FG, thanks for lookin out

FG, thanks for lookin out for us. Are you talking about the ones that you pay the company a couple hundred dollars so supposably they can give you a very high ridiculous credit line?
16 years 3 months ago #5

Replied by Finance Globe on topic hjm331, not all card offers

hjm331, not all card offers are created equal, and I have seen some that are equivalent to the mafia loan sharks. I think that you are lucky to never have received a bad deal. Just wanted people to beware of these rip-offs and to shop around.
16 years 3 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic FG, all of the cards

FG, all of the cards that come in the mail have great offers. It's just a matter of which one is the GREATEST card with the best features. So all the trains are going in the right direction, it's just a matter of which train has more luxuries.
16 years 3 months ago #7

Replied by Finance Globe on topic When the offers come in,

When the offers come in, banks are competing for your business. Don't just jump right in and start accepting, this is when credit is on "sale" so to speak. The offers are a good sign that your credit rating is or is becoming more ideal to creditors. Compare similar cards and choose your favorite. If that favorite is better than your existing card(s), then consider replacing yours with the new one. Just don't hop on the first train unless you know it's going in the right direction. :cool:
16 years 3 months ago #8

Replied by Meya on topic Because one credit card does

Because one credit card does not show how you can manage credit with others.
:fun:
16 years 3 months ago #9

Replied by smcc on topic I concur. With so many

I concur. With so many cards and if all in good standing, It looks like your desperate for credit but more importantly the ability to get into debt beyond your means to pay it all back. I would assume your older cards have the highest credit limits and I would keep them but the newer cards with assumed lower credit limits get rid of.

I guess I am old school but why not take one card with the ability to get huge Credit Line Increases and apply for those increases every six months and get to a point where the credit limit of that one card equals the credit limit of numerous cards
16 years 3 months ago #10

Replied by hjm331 on topic Cymru, it's alright to get

Cymru, it's alright to get a good mix of cards such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. I don't think it will hurt your score as long as you don't have balances on a lot of them and keep your utilization though. But as far as creditors looking on your report, I don't know it's a good thing because for someone to have a lot of credit cards, they take the impression of you being desperate for credit.
16 years 3 months ago #11

was created by Cymru

I have a quite a lot of credit cards and get bombarded with applications from others, In your opinions, should I just have one or multiple - are there advantages or disadvantages?

Thanks
16 years 3 months ago #12