What has Finance Globe taught you? VOTE + SHARE

Poll: How much has Finance Globe helped you and your financial well-being?

25%
1 14.3%
50%
No votes 0%
75%
No votes 0%
100%
2 28.6%
Between 75% and 100%
4 57.1%
Total number of voters: 0
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Joeyman
  • Joeyman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: What has Finance Globe taught you? VOTE + SHARE

Finance Globe has taught me everything I know about credit. I don't know where I would be without Finance Globe.

Yeah same here, I've tried using other sites and it doesn't feel like a friendly community. I will keep reading here forever!~
13 years 3 weeks ago #1

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: What has Finance Globe taught you? VOTE + SHARE

Finance Globe has taught me everything I know about credit. I don't know where I would be without Finance Globe.
13 years 1 month ago #2
  • Joeyman
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: What has Finance Globe tought you?

A note to all, creditors usually report to the 3 cb's on a monthly basis. However, some will only update when there has been account activity and some will report more often. In my own case, JC Penney has reported on my account more than once in a month along with HSBC and I have no clue as to why?! Moral of the story, follow your credit report by creditor if you find the reporting is a question. Also, if you find a creditor NOT reporting contact them as sometimes there is a systems problem related to reporting and they will fix it (happened to me for four years until I contacted them and then found out it was everybody not receiving reporting through one of the bureaus). The only thing certain is there isn't anything for certain.

It would be nice if creditors were required to post updates right after payments were recieved. :sleepy:
13 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: What has Finance Globe tought you?

First off, I was quite the N00B. My first post was about the Target credit card, which we all know sucks. Although I've never had one, I was sharing info on it because I worked at Target then. Before I found Finance Globe I thought any my credit report would update instantly (rather it's monthly), I thought if you had a high enough score you would be approved (nope, I needed history), my first card had a $1k limit and I thought that was very high, and most of all, I thought a credit card was for long-term purchases. I ended up waisting about five hard pulls before I realized I was making things worse on myself.

Finance Globe helped me come to my senses and discover the truth behind credit. Although, really, do we know the truth behind this 'game?' I find credit cards give me a sense of achievement or fulfillment. I believe this is because I set goals for myself and achieved them, then I get to brag to my friends I have an American Express and they have NOTHING. Haha.

P.S: All this education has led me to become a moderator on this forum (although spam is not really finance related). I am very grateful. Thank you![/I][/quote]

A note to all, creditors usually report to the 3 cb's on a monthly basis. However, some will only update when there has been account activity and some will report more often. In my own case, JC Penney has reported on my account more than once in a month along with HSBC and I have no clue as to why?! Moral of the story, follow your credit report by creditor if you find the reporting is a question. Also, if you find a creditor NOT reporting contact them as sometimes there is a systems problem related to reporting and they will fix it (happened to me for four years until I contacted them and then found out it was everybody not receiving reporting through one of the bureaus). The only thing certain is there isn't anything for certain.
13 years 1 month ago #4
  • Joeyman
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: What has Finance Globe tought you?

What has Finance Globe taught you?

First off, I was quite the N00B. My first post was about the Target credit card, which we all know sucks. Although I've never had one, I was sharing info on it because I worked at Target then. Before I found Finance Globe I thought any my credit report would update instantly (rather it's monthly), I thought if you had a high enough score you would be approved (nope, I needed history), my first card had a $1k limit and I thought that was very high, and most of all, I thought a credit card was for long-term purchases. I ended up waisting about five hard pulls before I realized I was making things worse on myself.

Finance Globe helped me come to my senses and discover the truth behind credit. Although, really, do we know the truth behind this 'game?' I find credit cards give me a sense of achievement or fulfillment. I believe this is because I set goals for myself and achieved them, then I get to brag to my friends I have an American Express and they have NOTHING. Haha.[/quote]P.S: All this education has led me to become a moderator on this forum (although spam is not really finance related). I am very grateful. Thank you![/I]
13 years 1 month ago #5
  • Joeyman
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader

was created by Joeyman

After reading my first posts here on Finance Globe recently I decided to create this thread...

Find your first posts]
Click Members > scroll-down to "Total Forum posts" > Click the last page > And view your posts!

What has Finance Globe taught you?

--- > If you don't want to share PLEASE VOTE anyway!
13 years 1 month ago #6