The Blizzard of 2010

Replied by JG224 on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

FrugalFran wrote: Dealing with the wardrobe is one of the things that really drives me crazy when it comes to season changes. I always have a lot more laundry to do in the spring and fall months when it's warm during the day and cold at night. It seems like everyone in my family changes at least twice a day during those times.

Oh I so agree with you!! Thankfully this winter (2015-2016) was a relatively mild one for us in the Mid Atlantic. I hate having sopping wet clothes all over my living room drying after the kids come in the house from sledding. And the puddles of melted snow all over the floor...drives me nuts!
7 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Dealing with the wardrobe is one of the things that really drives me crazy when it comes to season changes. I always have a lot more laundry to do in the spring and fall months when it's warm during the day and cold at night. It seems like everyone in my family changes at least twice a day during those times.
7 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by Egghead on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Breakinger wrote: I'm glad that we didn't have any significant snow storms this year. Where I live we always end up with a ton of snow due to lake effect snows. I did just read something that Colorado is expecting 4 feet of snow this weekend. I guess winter isn't quite done yet.

4 feet is beyond crazy. I heard that in the UK they went from being sun drenched to snowed on a few days ago. I bet you have to keep clothes for all seasons in your wardrobe when you live in that part of Europe!
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Egghead.
7 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Storm

My husband got a call last week with a job offer for North Dakota. You'd better believe we turned that one day real quick! I couldn't imagine living in a place that is so cold and gets so much snow.
7 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by patse on topic Storm

I have a great friend that lives in that area. He is an electric lineman and worked for 48 hours straight (few hours to sleep). I am so glad that I'm not anywhere near the storms.
7 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by Cents on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Breakinger, I saw that about Colorado and I was feeling grateful that I don't live there! My region actually saw more spring snow this year than winter snow. I don't mind the snow too much, but that's easy for me to say because I don't have to go out in it if I choose not to.
7 years 11 months ago #6

Replied by Breakinger on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

I'm glad that we didn't have any significant snow storms this year. Where I live we always end up with a ton of snow due to lake effect snows. I did just read something that Colorado is expecting 4 feet of snow this weekend. I guess winter isn't quite done yet.
7 years 11 months ago #7

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Mike FG - GADS...! That is a lot snow and WOW..! I never have seen such a big snowman...! YIPES :dumbfounded: !!! Say what? Florida!!! Oooo....h! Stayed on Marathon Key diving old wrecks and NOT worrying about cold weather looking for Key West and a great author and...?
14 years 1 month ago #8

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

LOL! I came across that pic. It's not me - I have FG to run, so I don't have the time for an accomplishment like that. :cheesing: I'm in Tallahassee, so maybe a snowball? It's amazing that every state except Hawaii had snow somewhere in the state on Friday.

I've been back and forth to Indiana a several times over the past couple months, and just missed 15 inches in 3 days. That's Indiana that rarely sees that much all year! I couldn't imagine how the Dakota states look right now. :confused: :confused:

Anyway, it looks like a great weekend for some R&R, a fire and movies :popcorn:
14 years 1 month ago #9

Replied by Meya on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Mike just had to come in here and say, "How about this blizzard" :laugh: :laugh:

My cousin sent me a pic of his area, he sed he could not even go outside and businesses was shut down. I heard about the grocery store chaos out there, as much as I rant about wanting to play with snow once in my life, I think I would keep my two-faced San Francisco weather :laugh:
14 years 1 month ago #10

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

[img]http ://www.financeglobe.com/images/Snowman-big-01.jpg

: laugh :: laugh :: laugh:

roflmao
14 years 1 month ago #11

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

[img]http ://www.financeglobe.com/images/Snowman-big-01.jpg

: laugh :: laugh :: laugh:
14 years 1 month ago #12

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

you're right.....they are ugly and we now have redesigned driver's licenses that looks counterfeit too..lol

LOL, well I have been noticing a trend in those flat license plates from 3M and they all look hideous. NV, AZ, ID, MT, WY, NE, I could go on....but yeah, they are too colorful almost. Our drivers licenses are pretty hooky but our plates are still cool at least. There is a joke (I think from Jeff Foxworthy) that you know you are from Colorado when you can identify all 50 states license plates. Saw a Hawaii plate today...I would just sell the car before moving rather than ship it here!
14 years 1 month ago #13

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

I saw one of all y'all's new license plates today-yikes. The old one was much better, and it wasn't flat. Sorry about the off topic!

you're right.....they are ugly and we now have redesigned driver's licenses that looks counterfeit too..lol
14 years 1 month ago #14

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

lol

I saw one of all y'all's new license plates today-yikes. The old one was much better, and it wasn't flat. Sorry about the off topic!
14 years 1 month ago #15