Re:

Replied by JGibbs on topic Updated List

Moneyes wrote: Eight years can lay waste to the best of them. These are the one's that worked for me, although number 7 is about air travel, not finances.
13.) FlyerTalk} NOT A FINANCE FORUM

Some of the forum topics are helpful to those who are looking for value and it goes beyond flying. This includes tutorials for maximizing rebates and points on credit cards, debit cards, gift cards, and even loyalty programs. People also chatter about how to deal with certain issues such as having an account closed and how to turn points and more into cash. Check out the manufactured spending section for a good example. Note that some of the advice seems unethical to me and probably to most of society even though it isn't outright illegal. I just skip the tips I feel uncomfortable with. The good outweighs the bad.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by JGibbs.
6 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by FrankN on topic Updated List

JGibbs wrote: Lazymanandmoney.com is informative and easy to understand. He's also one of the few finance bloggers to speak out against MLMs since joining one almost always guarantees losing money. I appreciate the honesty.

FrankN wrote: Have you found any that are easy to search and sift through?

I either use google advanced search, make sure I specify the website and narrow things down from there, or I click on the tags if any are provided on the blog or forum. All the finance, investment, budget sites I frequent have a useless search feature.

Agreed with that. I wish they had better search features!
6 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by JGibbs on topic Updated List

Lazymanandmoney.com is informative and easy to understand. He's also one of the few finance bloggers to speak out against MLMs since joining one almost always guarantees losing money. I appreciate the honesty.

FrankN wrote: Have you found any that are easy to search and sift through?

I either use google advanced search, make sure I specify the website and narrow things down from there, or I click on the tags if any are provided on the blog or forum. All the finance, investment, budget sites I frequent have a useless search feature.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by JGibbs.
6 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by FrankN on topic Updated List

Have you found any that are easy to search and sift through?
6 years 10 months ago #4

Replied by Goldbug on topic Updated List

If I can add one, the Motley Fool personal finance boards are pretty good, although the main site is more about investment than credit cards: http://boards.fool.com/ . The content is useful, but its got small text, which I find hard to read.
6 years 11 months ago #5

Replied by Moneyes on topic Updated List

Eight years can lay waste to the best of them. These are the one's that worked for me, although number 7 is about air travel, not finances.
1.) Cardratings}
2.) CreditBoards}
3.) Myfico}
4.) Fatwallet}
5.) CreditNet}
7.) Financeglobe}
9.) Personal Finance Forums}
13.) FlyerTalk} NOT A FINANCE FORUM
15.) askmrcreditcard}
20.) savingadvice}
21.) city-data}
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: Broken link removed
7 years 12 hours ago #6

Replied by barrysharf on topic Finance Forums

Thanks for sharing a great list of finance forums. FYI, some of forums links are not working. Please remove them and try to add new there.
7 years 1 week ago #7

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: My Top 21 List Of Favorite Credit Forums & Financial!!!

:laugh:
15 years 5 months ago #8

Replied by Meya on topic Re: My Top 21 List Of Favorite Credit Forums & Financial!!!

But...............where is home baaaaaby!:laugh:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: Removed outdated emoticon
15 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: My Top 21 List Of Favorite Credit Forums & Financial!!!

the numbers of members and the amount of info.
each site have there strong points and there weak ones.
i go to almost all of them on the list and some i did not know about.
thanks for the links
15 years 5 months ago #10

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: My Top 21 List Of Favorite Credit Forums & Financial!!!

There's something wrong with that. Why isn't Finance Globe in the #1 spot? :fun:
15 years 5 months ago #11

Re: was created by jim

1.) Cardratings}
2.) CreditBoards}
3.) Myfico}
4.) Fatwallet}
5.) CreditNet}
6.) Smart Money Forums}
7.) Financeglobe}
8.) TheCreditForums}
9.) Personal Finance Forums}
10.) kiplinger}
11.) creditorweb}
12.) Money Forums}
13.) FlyerTalk}
14.) financeforums}
15.) askmrcreditcard}
16.) whogavemecredit}
17.) creditwrench}
18.) TheMoneyPost}
19.) WiseBreadForums}
20.) savingadvice}
21.) city-data}
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: Removed links - many are broken
15 years 5 months ago #12