Forex Trading

Replied by Moneyes on topic Forex Trading

That's for sure WANDERER. Cryptocurrencies especially, because I get the idea that understanding that requires understanding the blockchain technology that makes it all work in the first place.
6 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Forex Trading

MONEYES thanks for the explanation. Now I know it is more than I can enter into with my present day knowledge! Buying stocks and bonds I would have a chance but this newer approach to investment opportunities and returns would require training for me.
6 years 3 months ago #2

Wanderer wrote: Help ... several of you have been talking about Forex, Bitcom, crypto??? Would some one give me a very simplified explanation of what all this is ... Confession is good for the soul ... I have no clue? Help!

Forex is short for Foriegn Exchange. It is a method of playing the stock market where you don't trade on commodities, etc......, but rather you trade on how one foriegn currency does against another......value wise. This has nothing to do with the next paragraph.

Cryptocurrency is a general term used to describe what a specific currency is. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency. Altcoin is a cryptocurrency. Two examples out of many more, they are enCRYPTed in the internet. They are e-currency's that only have cash value when you trade your "coins" out for cash.

Hope that helps. :)
6 years 3 months ago #3

Replied by JGibbs on topic Forex Trading

FrankN wrote:
Plus its very complicated and requires years of training.

Why do they make the barrier of entry so low on forex? $100 lets you trade. $500-1,000 is better, but those are low numbers consider what you need to trade stocks. I think commodities trading starts with $2,500 and it's risky, but no riskier than forex. And most importantly, should a person capitalize forex/Forex? I thought the answer was no, but some big investors seem to.
6 years 3 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Forex Trading

Help ... several of you have been talking about Forex, Bitcom, crypto??? Would some one give me a very simplified explanation of what all this is ... Confession is good for the soul ... I have no clue? Help!
6 years 3 months ago #5

Replied by FrankN on topic Forex Trading

JGibbs wrote: Yes, and you have to keep a certain amount in your account or you can't trade at all. I admire those who succeed with forex, it takes nerves of steel in my opinion.

Plus its very complicated and requires years of training.
6 years 3 months ago #6

Yes, and you have to keep a certain amount in your account or you can't trade at all. I admire those who succeed with forex, it takes nerves of steel in my opinion.
6 years 3 months ago #7

I wouldn't recommend going bullish on anything if you don't have experience with forex. Especially where there's political volatility. Sounds like a good way to lose money to me.

If I were you, I would start trading conservatively with a Scandanavian country. If there are currencies up there that trade against ours, that is. It's been a few years since i dabbled in this.
6 years 3 months ago #8

I think you'll be fairly limited on the amounts you can risk if you're entering with undercapitalization. Have you tried trading on one of the practice sites? TDAmeritrade has a good one that's easy to use. If you enter the market keep us updated on how it turns out.
6 years 3 months ago #9
  • Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Forex Trading was created by Joker

Does anyone here have experience with Forex Trading? I've been reading up on it and the GBP is losing against the dollar in the last report since they reached an agreement for Brexit. Is it time to go bullish on this?
6 years 3 months ago #10