Wamu business accounts?

Replied by FrankN on topic WAMU

CentsibleSaver wrote:

Goldbug wrote: There were a lot of local banks that closed. Is there anywhere you would suggest now for the personal touch when banking? I'm beginning to feel a bit like a number with mine. I can't fault the service but it is efficient to the point of being cold.

I miss WAMU too, and the closest thing I've found to resemble their level of service is a credit union. Another would be a small regional bank like Regions. But really, neither are as good as WAMU. No sitting on hold forever and no rushing through questions. No crazy up sells or rudeness. Those were the good 'ole days.

My grandma loved WAMU and raved about their customer service. I am surprised to hear how good their customer service is given how large they were.
6 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by CentsibleSaver on topic WAMU

Goldbug wrote: There were a lot of local banks that closed. Is there anywhere you would suggest now for the personal touch when banking? I'm beginning to feel a bit like a number with mine. I can't fault the service but it is efficient to the point of being cold.

I miss WAMU too, and the closest thing I've found to resemble their level of service is a credit union. Another would be a small regional bank like Regions. But really, neither are as good as WAMU. No sitting on hold forever and no rushing through questions. No crazy up sells or rudeness. Those were the good 'ole days.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by CentsibleSaver.
6 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by FrugalFran on topic WAMU

I have personal accounts with Chase and Ally and my business banking is done through Capital One. Of the three, I would say that Ally is by far the easiest and most pleasant to deal with. With Chase and Capital One, I feel like I'm getting the brush-off most of the time. I should calrify that I do all of my banking online, over the phone, and through the mail on occasion, so maybe their branch customer service is better than what I experience.
6 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by Goldbug on topic WAMU

Wanderer wrote: This bank was eliminated many years ago by the JP Morgan Chase takeover. This thread goes back eight years. At that time I was a Business and Personal customer. Liked the bank.

There were a lot of local banks that closed. Is there anywhere you would suggest now for the personal touch when banking? I'm beginning to feel a bit like a number with mine. I can't fault the service but it is efficient to the point of being cold.
6 years 8 months ago #4

I definitely agree with that. My family used WAMU and were generally happy with their business account.
7 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by Wanderer on topic WAMU

It seemed like WAMU gave the impression they were the small local bank (even when they were not) and it made for a friendly, easy environment. The bigger lenders have the appearance of more rules, formality and that they were ridgid. Now this may not be true but, it feels like it.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Wanderer.
7 years 7 months ago #6

Replied by FrugalFran on topic WAMU

We have our main personal checking account with Chase and they're friendly enough, but I also feel like just a number most of the time. I think when it comes to setting up our business account, I'm going to choose a smaller, local bank.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by FrugalFran.
7 years 7 months ago #7

Replied by Breakinger on topic WAMU

Wow, it's been such a long time since most of these banks have been taken over. Does anyone know how good JP Morgan is? It seems like a lot of people really liked WAMU and I'm just wondering if they kept a lot of the same perks for their customers.
7 years 7 months ago #8

I can't believe that was 8 years ago now. I am really feeling old.
7 years 8 months ago #9

Replied by Wanderer on topic WAMU

This bank was eliminated many years ago by the JP Morgan Chase takeover. This thread goes back eight years. At that time I was a Business and Personal customer. Liked the bank.
7 years 8 months ago #10

Replied by Curry on topic WAMU

According to this: [url=http://https://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/wamu.html#banking_services][/url] in section vii, WAMU is no more. JP Morgan took over their assets.

And Wachovia was eaten up by Wells Fargo.

It's strange, but both of these acquisitions took place at roughly the same time this conversation was started.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Curry.
7 years 8 months ago #11

Replied by princee18 on topic with wamu, the Statement Savings

with wamu, the Statement Savings account provides 5.00% APY on all balances, no minimum balance requirements, can be opened with $1 and instant transfer to/from the Free Checking.
With WAMU, you can see pending debit transactions, as well as ACH’s posting into your account. The interest rate on the linked savings is also much better
15 years 10 months ago #12

Replied by wildrage2 on topic I just received some basic

I just received some basic information on Washington Mutual Bank business accounts, such as their checking and credit cards. Does anyone her know how they differ from other business banking accounts? Just curious if its worth it.

<br>
<br>
I've been shopping for business accounts lately and met up with a WaMu rep. Although they were very friendly and wanted to help, my gut reaction was that they didn't know what they were talking about. When i asked a question she kept on going online to find out the answer, and just didn't seem to confident about the answers she was giving. I'm sure that this isn't how all of the bank reps are - just my experience. I gave a call down to North Carolina to talk to a Wachovia rep, and they seemed pretty responsive. It all depends on what services you are looking for...for example, if you need to process credit card payments, some banks have some really good terms. Some also give you the option of scanning checks for deposit.
15 years 10 months ago #13
  • leighdu
  • leighdu's Avatar Topic Author

was created by leighdu

I just received some basic information on Washington Mutual Bank business accounts, such as their checking and credit cards. Does anyone her know how they differ from other business banking accounts? Just curious if its worth it.
15 years 10 months ago #14