lol
15 years 7 months ago #1
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Site Downtime

You all are a hoot :laugh:

I want to let everyone rest assured that daily site backups are made. In the unfortunate case something were to happen, the site would be fully restored. We have top-notch servers for the traffic levels and resource consumption, but any IT department will always have issues. The server for this site is housed in Houston, TX. As you may know, they have had power grid issues from hurricane Ike. I could not get a clear answer if this was the problem the site was down for so long, but this is the reason in my opinion. The IT dept. never told me exactly the cause, because I believe it may hold them liable in some way.

Mike
15 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: Site Downtime

i thought it was my computer and i had my husband unplugging things, turning the printer off and on ( i had printed some stuff earlier and he said i messed it up) :relieved: i even yelled at my son thinking (he likes to play with the keyboard) he had done something to it (my poor poor son he gets blamed for everything in my house that breaks) :white-flag: :white-flag: he probably thinks his name is omg you broke it (thats what my daughter tells him) or why did you do that??? . jk
15 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Site Downtime

The title under your username doesn't mean anything as long as you are posting and asking questions or helping others build/rebuild their credit. Those words will change before you know it.
15 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by yendor on topic Re: Site Downtime

HA! I only forgot the D

Ditto
15 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Site Downtime

HA! I only forgot the D. :cool:
Opps, look we are very cracked in the face. I am telling you that spell check is a mother. :laugh:

Glad to see everyone back in stride again. IT doesn't make a difference what your status is Yendor, just to see you post makes my day! I am so glad to be back with my FG family again.
:kiss: :white-flag:
15 years 7 months ago #6

Yendor, I guess I shouldn't be talking either. Thanks for making me look bad! lol j/k :cheesing:
15 years 7 months ago #7

Replied by yendor on topic Re: Site Downtime

Meya, don't point any fingers on anyone when you can't spell inconvenient right, not inconvenience.

hmmm...she has correct spelling, not properly used.

Inconvenienced, not "inconvenience or inconvenient":popcorn:
Yes, I am a very "junior" member.:cheesing:
15 years 7 months ago #8

Meya, don't point any fingers on anyone when you can't spell inconvenient right, not inconvenience.

:shocked: I knew it was mispelled :innocent:

Lol Rivas Glo, I know the feeling! HJM331 know he freaked out too, you can tell by the first posting. I dont think he was able to sleep!:laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #9

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Site Downtime

:embarrassed:

hehe.
15 years 7 months ago #10

Someone call an ambulance for RivasGlo and Meya! j/k :laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #11

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Site Downtime

LOL Meya.

I also freaked. LOL. I kept refreshing... Waited a few minutes... I thought it was me... I rebooted... I delete my cookies... I deleted my history and just kept going... HAHAH! Glad its up and running again! :laugh:
15 years 7 months ago #12

Meya, don't point any fingers on anyone when you can't spell inconvenient right, not inconvenience. :cheesing:
15 years 7 months ago #13

WELL IT INCONVENIENCE ME! :upset: I can't function when this site is down. I started to hire the best hacker to shut the entire network down. NO FG, then no one is allowed to get online....lol

JK, I am so happy to see it back up, you know we all have good faith in FG and we knew something had to of happened. The first thing I was thinking was, "OK, be calm Meya, this has happened before, and it was back up and running in no time." I would do my homework, come back and try again, go to the store, come back and try again, went across the bridge, came back and tried again. Then I just slumped down in my chair and said "Oooooohhh Looooord, I need to go to a site rehab because this is not the end of the world. What is wrong with me?" :laugh: :fun:

Thanks FG for your hard work and not letting us down without a fight.
:white-flag:
15 years 7 months ago #14
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

was created by Finance Globe

I wanted to apologize for the site being down for so long. This was very unexpected and out of my hands. I was on the phone several times trying to get this fixed with little help on my web server support side. I hope that this didn't cause inconvenience.
15 years 7 months ago #15