The Bitcoin Craze

Replied by FrankN on topic Other Cryptos

JGibbs wrote:

Joker wrote: I, however, like the penny cryptos. There are many that have made some really outstanding gains recently but do your research and shopping carefully.

Are you talking about the ICOs, Joker? Which ones interest you most? I sold my bitcoins before they hit 14k each and need something new. Investing in crypto is the highest return I've ever made. I probably sold too soon, but I couldn't take the stress of having the bubble pop and losing my entire savings and emergency fund so I got out.

JGibbs if you don't mind sharing, what did you buy them at?
6 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by JGibbs on topic Other Cryptos

Joker wrote: I, however, like the penny cryptos. There are many that have made some really outstanding gains recently but do your research and shopping carefully.

Are you talking about the ICOs, Joker? Which ones interest you most? I sold my bitcoins before they hit 14k each and need something new. Investing in crypto is the highest return I've ever made. I probably sold too soon, but I couldn't take the stress of having the bubble pop and losing my entire savings and emergency fund so I got out.
6 years 3 months ago #2
  • Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Joker on topic Other Cryptos

Ethereum seems to be a nice second to Bitcoin. I, however, like the penny cryptos. There are many that have made some really outstanding gains recently but do your research and shopping carefully.
6 years 3 months ago #3

Replied by FrankN on topic The Bitcoin Craze

Joker wrote: One world currency might be a lovely idea, but the privacy that we will lose over digital networks (I think) is a deal killer for me. I'm keeping my "old dollar bill" for now and I am not going to get a tatoo for identification either. They will have to chase me and hold me down.

I agree, in concept, its a great idea, but will be very difficult to implement and control. I will be very interested to watch how this all develops.
6 years 4 months ago #4
  • Joker

Replied by Joker on topic The Bitcoin Craze

One world currency might be a lovely idea, but the privacy that we will lose over digital networks (I think) is a deal killer for me. I'm keeping my "old dollar bill" for now and I am not going to get a tatoo for identification either. They will have to chase me and hold me down.
6 years 4 months ago #5

Replied by Lexie on topic The Bitcoin Craze

Moneyes wrote: A one world currency is a good way to describe it. I might be in the minority here, but I think this is a good thing. It gives a viable alternative to those who shudder at the idea of government controlled financial institutions.

One world currency would make things simpler. I'm not quite sure how that would work though. It's a concept I would have to study. How would each country keep it's own financial identity? Anyone have simple explanation?
6 years 4 months ago #6

Replied by Moneyes on topic The Bitcoin Craze

A one world currency is a good way to describe it. I might be in the minority here, but I think this is a good thing. It gives a viable alternative to those who shudder at the idea of government controlled financial institutions.
6 years 4 months ago #7

Replied by Lexie on topic The Bitcoin Craze

Not knowing much about Bitcoins, I recently watched a bitcoin for dummies video. https://99bitcoins.com/what-is-bitcoin-for-dummies/
It's a good explanation of how it works. Although a little complicated and in depth I did understand the concept. For all the "trekkies" out there isn't it a little like "credits?" Or...one world currency?
6 years 4 months ago #8

Replied by JacksonM on topic The Bitcoin Craze

I've been surprised to see BitCoin back in the conversation. I vaguely recall when it first became a thing, but when it disappeared, I figured it was dead. I haven't read much about it since the recent resurgence so at the moment it feels a bit risky to me as well.
6 years 5 months ago #9

Replied by Moneyes on topic The Bitcoin Craze

The main reason people disparage it is because it is still unproven in the long run.

I'm sure that when the stock market first started here in the U.S., some people held to the belief that under your mattress was still the best place for your money. Some people don't embrace change easily.

Give it time. People will warm to the idea.
6 years 5 months ago #10
  • Joker

The Bitcoin Craze was created by Joker

I have read many articles about the fact that no REAL financial advisor would advise you to put your money into it. They give many reasons and not the least of which is its blockchain. Blockchain is the digital and decentralized ledger that records all bitcoin transactions without the need for a financial intermediary. I'm still leaning on the "no sale" side.
6 years 5 months ago #11