Tax Breaks

Replied by FrankN on topic Tax Breaks

my accountant also told me about this deduction and said I was able to use it.
7 years 1 month ago #16
  • Moneyes
  • Moneyes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Moneyes on topic Tax Breaks

Breakinger wrote: I've heard of this tax break before, but I thought that it expired back in 2009. Have they reopened it again for this year? This would be a nice deduction for me to take because I just purchased a new vehicle over the summer.

They did reopen it, yes. Mine was just a basic return too, nothing really fancy about this one. Both cars in question I am making payments on, and they are both less than 5 years old. Maybe all that comes into play, I don't know
7 years 1 month ago #17

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Tax Breaks

This is good news to me because we also bought a car last year. I've ever heard of this before, but I'm definitely going to mention it to my accountant.
7 years 1 month ago #18

Replied by Breakinger on topic Tax Breaks

We certainly do, Lexie. Thanks. I wasn't sure if this was something that I could still take. Do you know if there are certain states that don't allow you to claim this tax break?
7 years 1 month ago #19

Replied by Lexie on topic Tax Breaks

This is one that you can still take according to my CPA. We all need all the tax breaks we can get don't we?
7 years 1 month ago #20

Replied by Breakinger on topic Tax Breaks

I've heard of this tax break before, but I thought that it expired back in 2009. Have they reopened it again for this year? This would be a nice deduction for me to take because I just purchased a new vehicle over the summer.
7 years 1 month ago #21
  • Moneyes
  • Moneyes's Avatar Topic Author

Tax Breaks was created by Moneyes

While doing my taxes the other day, I ran across a deduction I could make that I never heard of before. It is the registration fee that the state imposed on the sale of a car you bought that is based on the value of the car at the time of purchase.

Does anyone know any more about this tax break?
7 years 1 month ago #22