investment in fractional property?

Replied by Moneyes on topic Re: investment in fractional property?

From what I can tell, this is still going on and it sounds a lot like a time share deal. Time shares turned out to be a bad deal for most of the people who bought into them, so I'm sure this turns out the same way.
7 years 10 months ago #16

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: investment in fractional property?

This could be very risky... Sounds like "limited partnerships" where you get to pay but the "general partner" keeps the spoils. For most people on this site these approaches are for big money and gamblers. It is way too easy to get scammed. :shocked: Be extremely careful. You pay in and whew... money and people are gone. NOT for the amatuer! :shopping: Remeber what P.T. Barnum used to say... "...there is a sucker born every minute...".
14 years 1 month ago #17

Replied by julienne on topic Re: investment in fractional property?

very interesting! But it sounds risky. isn't it?
14 years 1 month ago #18
  • saurabh
  • saurabh's Avatar Topic Author

was created by saurabh

My brother has come across a business that facilitates fractional property investing.
Basically you select a property you want to invest in and they find other people that want to invest in the same thing and buy it outright?

Capital gains is obviously lower as you are not leveraged, but it would provide immediate rental incomes as there is no mortgage.

Has anyone been involved in this sort of stuff before?
thanks
16 years 4 days ago #19