Credit Scores and obtaining a Mortgage

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Re: Credit Scores and obtaining a Mortgage

Wanderer wrote: Things change with time ... the thread you are reading is from over four years ago. Note, in the end many mortgages are sold into the secondary market after closing and potentially a period of time. Heard stories where mortgages were sold at closing so it pays to shop and understand what you are getting.

Wanderer, when you say "sold," are you referring to the mortgage being sold to a different lender? This just happened to someone I know and it took them by surprise, but they've also been struggling to pay for a few years. I didn't realize that lenders would sell a perfectly stable mortgage.
8 years 1 month ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Credit Scores and obtaining a Mortgage

Things change with time ... the thread you are reading is from over four years ago. Note, in the end many mortgages are sold into the secondary market after closing and potentially a period of time. Heard stories where mortgages were sold at closing so it pays to shop and understand what you are getting.
8 years 3 months ago #2

Replied by Janet19 on topic Re: Credit Scores and obtaining a Mortgage

Wanderer wrote: A heads up ... as we follow the mortgage industry and there many oops... it is interesting to note that Wells Fargo Mortgage, Citi Mortgage, JP Morgan Chase Mortgage and Bank of America Mortgage managed to hit the no no not again list in the last few days. More questions on their mortgage processing and the legals of their mortgages. Wonder why we had troubles! GADS!

I'm glad I came across this thread. I have a Citi card and was thinking of applying for a mortgage through them when the time comes. I'll have to look at their practices very carefully before I make this decision, though, now that I know they have a history of questionable practices.
8 years 3 months ago #3

Replied by JusdoNit on topic Re: Credit Scores and obtaining a Mortgage

Great information. Closed on a home mortgage at 4.3750% for 30 year fixed with no points and no down payment and no private mortgage insurance. I know my credit was important. For the last 3+ months I have had zero balances in the credit bureaus. As discussed in your article reference. People need to read the story!

I am trying to read the story on how it was done, but can't find it anywhere. Read the aol info, but the no pmi, no down etc. info was not there. Can u help?
11 years 8 months ago #4

A heads up ... as we follow the mortgage industry and there many oops... it is interesting to note that Wells Fargo Mortgage, Citi Mortgage, JP Morgan Chase Mortgage and Bank of America Mortgage managed to hit the no no not again list in the last few days. More questions on their mortgage processing and the legals of their mortgages. Wonder why we had troubles! GADS!
12 years 10 months ago #5

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: Credit Scores and obtaining a Mortgage

Great information. Closed on a home mortgage at 4.3750%

Nice rate mate! :laugh:
13 years 4 months ago #6

Saw this on AOL in regards to Credit Scoring and obtaining a mortgage

http://realestate.aol.com/article/credit/_a/how-to-navigate-new-credit-score-tool-for-mortgages/201011060001?icid=maing|main5|4|link1|23847

Great information. Closed on a home mortgage at 4.3750% for 30 year fixed with no points and no down payment and no private mortgage insurance. I know my credit was important. For the last 3+ months I have had zero balances in the credit bureaus. As discussed in your article reference. People need to read the story! :white-flag:
13 years 4 months ago #7
  • smcc
  • smcc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Leader
  • Finance Leader
13 years 4 months ago #8