Just wanted to say....

Replied by FrankN on topic Just wanted to say....

JacksonM wrote: Having had extensive customer service training over the years, whenever I come across the "stupid questions" quote, I'm reminded of the Disney example. "What would you do if someone asked, 'What time is the 3 o'clock parade?'" It's not a stupid question, necessarily, it's a way to broach the broader topic of the parade itself and the various details (i.e. best viewing spots, where to wait, etc.). It's also an example that people often realize they need/want information, but aren't sure of the best way to ask for it.

That's my windy way of saying, it's been a pleasure participating here.

I have never heard of the Disney example, but I like that reference a lot!
6 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by JacksonM on topic Just wanted to say....

Having had extensive customer service training over the years, whenever I come across the "stupid questions" quote, I'm reminded of the Disney example. "What would you do if someone asked, 'What time is the 3 o'clock parade?'" It's not a stupid question, necessarily, it's a way to broach the broader topic of the parade itself and the various details (i.e. best viewing spots, where to wait, etc.). It's also an example that people often realize they need/want information, but aren't sure of the best way to ask for it.

That's my windy way of saying, it's been a pleasure participating here.
6 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by Lexie on topic Just wanted to say....

Wanderer wrote: "Food for Thought" ... the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked :)

I have heard this so many times and really appreciate your patience with me especially. I am ignorant when it comes to many financial concepts and thank you very much for your explanations. You guys are great!!
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Lexie.
6 years 6 months ago #3

Replied by Joker on topic Just wanted to say....

I totally agree with JGibbs here. You guys are helpful and always ready to answer all our dumb questions, covered before or not. I probably would have been kicked off other financial forums. Your answers are always helpful, friendly, and to the point, no judgments either. This is a great place to learn about finance, without being afraid that you are too new to the topic to speak. Thanks for all your great answers!
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Joker.
6 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Just wanted to say....

JGIBBS appreciate your insight. Find the same things on various websites and blamed myself ... now that you have called it up and covered the matter, I feel better. I felt there are many knowledgeable people around but, I can't always be the ignorant one?
6 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by JGibbs on topic Just wanted to say....

Wanderer wrote: "Food for Thought" ... the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked :)

You would be surprised - on many financial forums the usual members will jump down your throat if something has been asked and answered before. Even if it's clear that the asker read all the stickies and FAQs but still had lingering questions or needed help with a concept. I try to pay attention to the culture first and lurk on the negative forums instead of posting. I finally stopped reading them at all since global finance is more user friendly. No grammar nazis or extreme financial guru worship here.
6 years 7 months ago #6

Replied by Wanderer on topic Just wanted to say....

"Food for Thought" ... the only dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked :)
6 years 7 months ago #7

Replied by CentsibleSaver on topic Just wanted to say....

I appreciate Wanderer's and FranklinN's extreme patience when it comes to explaining financial concepts. In other forums the experts/mods/admins will bite your head off if you ask what they deem to be a stupid question. I always feel comfortable here.
6 years 7 months ago #8
  • Pinky
  • Pinky's Avatar Topic Author

Just wanted to say.... was created by Pinky

I just wanted you to know I am really enjoying this forum. Not only is it informative, everyone seems to have a wonderful sense of humor! It is very different from some of the financial forums out there and that is a good thing. Keep up the good work and I'll see you around the forum!
6 years 7 months ago #9