To Trade or Not to Trade

Replied by FrankN on topic To Trade or Not to Trade

JGibbs wrote:

FrankN wrote:
I have used RobinHood a bit. Its okay, nothing great to say about it.

Did you sign up when they were giving away one share of stock to newcomers? The promo may still be ongoing, but I don't see how they can offer so many incentives and keep the lights on. The stock promo was what drew me in.

No I signed up b/c there were no transaction costs. However it overall not a great platform in my opinion.
6 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by JGibbs on topic To Trade or Not to Trade

FrankN wrote:

Did you sign up when they were giving away one share of stock to newcomers? The promo may still be ongoing, but I don't see how they can offer so many incentives and keep the lights on. The stock promo was what drew me in.
6 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by FrankN on topic To Trade or Not to Trade

Pinky wrote: I am curious as I used to work in investments, about the use of FinTech online trading sources. Do they have a good track record? What theory do they subscribe to? I don't like much risk in my portfolio but have recently been putting some of my returns in a separate account to play with. Are there any recommendations?

6 years 8 months ago #3

Replied by Joker on topic To Trade or Not to Trade

I don't know if I would trust software to make my stock trades totally. Be sure the get their success rate and I would watch it like a hawk! I guess I'm just not a very big believer in machines in that roll yet.
6 years 8 months ago #4
  • Pinky
  • Pinky's Avatar Topic Author

To Trade or Not to Trade was created by Pinky

I am curious as I used to work in investments, about the use of FinTech online trading sources. Do they have a good track record? What theory do they subscribe to? I don't like much risk in my portfolio but have recently been putting some of my returns in a separate account to play with. Are there any recommendations?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Pinky.
6 years 8 months ago #5