Replied by Meya on topic Re: Short-cut to "How to Post"

4/13/2010:cool:
13 years 11 months ago #1
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Credit Pull Dbase

OK, now I see where the status pulls are FG. Thanks! OK, FG I have played around with it and see exactly what you were talking about.

OK, for those who are not familiar with how it works, I will run you through it. First, click the link provided above by FG ( https://www.financeglobe.com/Finance/...d-status.shtml ).

Just wanted to also add to those who are looking:

1. Do not get distracted from the other scores that you are looking at because some people have scores on other Cb's that are 100 points in difference from each other. Focus only on what you requested from. IE, if you were using the database to search TU to see what cards pulled from TU, at a certain score range, look at TU scores "ONLY!" Because someone EX scores shows 680, it does not necessarily mean that the creditor looked at that score in conjunction with TU. Some do, but I just don't want you to look at all three when you are requesting from TU.

2. Use advance search when you want to see what a person scores was when they applied for a cc and you want to see a range of what their scores were when they applied. You will not see which CB the creditor pulled from, but you will see what their scores where when they were either denied or approved. The Advanced Search is the title on the far right side of the search database of the link you will click on. So let's try it out
  • Click advance search
  • Choose your search option (there are 4)
Option 1] By Average Credit Scores [/COLOR][/B]

Option 2] By Card Issuer [/B]
Option 3] By Listed Card Names [/B]

Option 4] By Searching for a Card Name

I find the best one to look for a particular card is through "option 2" because the statuses is next to the card issuer. For example Citibank has 59 statuses, let's choose that one.
  • Now you will see all 59 card statuses for Citibank where members where approved or denied. Remember, you will see all 3 scores, but most likely exp was used for this particular bank. It is best to read the members comment or full posting under this status because they usually tell you what exact CB the creditor pulled from and if they had any recon's to get the card, or updates of approvals after a denial because they can only add the card once. (Am I right FG?)
  • Look at the first status which is " Citi® Driver's Edge® Platinum ... " See the last title which says "More details?" Click "1 Person Applied"
  • Look to the right again and click "More info" under the title "Options"
  • As we can clearly see, this is Thomas1 application status, but he did not add a review (Hummmmm Thomas, want to add to that...lol) but he does have options in the future.
  • Notice that there is a review for this card also, just scroll to the bottom and you will see 7 blue subtitles. The 4th subtitle shows how many reviews are on this card, which is 1.
  • Click the link, look under the Title , which in this case is called " APPROVED! and then you will see that Thomas1 gave full details about either the card(s) overall experience, or his approval status.
I know this was too detailed, but I hope that it helps with this main thread in regards to "Credit Pulls Database"

15 years 4 months ago #2
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

9/10/208 :white-flag:
15 years 6 months ago #3
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

No problem big Rob!:white-flag:
15 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Short-cut to "How to Post"

Thanks Meya, I believe that will help a lot of newbies on here who are trying to find out about a particular subject. Helped me
15 years 7 months ago #5
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Are you worried about your thread being buried or lost? Well guess what, I can show you how to find it. When the Netowrk transformed, I thought it was a blow upside the head, but after playing around with it, it is so fun and exciting because now you can find posts you added from months ago. Here are the steps

1. Look on the top tools and select "Search"
2. Select "Forums"
3. Type in your exact screen name
4. Scroll down and click "Search Now"

Now wasn't that easy! Wahoooo!

Bring up your old postings if you like, there has been so many new members since the last time you posted something. Here is the link for the directions to do so /COLOR]

Another thing, if you are looking for a certain thread, lets say capital one for example, notice that capital one is usually typed as cap 1. Well lets try to find that thread, here are the steps below]

1. Follow steps one and two above, but this time look over to your left after completing number 2 and type in the area that says]Search by Key Word(s):[/B]
2. Type in cap 1
3. Select "Search Titles Only" from the drop down list
4. Scroll down below and select "Search Now" and This is what you will see

The following errors occurred with your search]1[/B]

Dont get confused, lets try this again with using "Capital one" instead

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Finance Globe
July 31st, 2008 05]
by yoyo11
sophie

Walllah! Look what you just did.

You can do the same thing if you want to look for a post, instead of selecting "Search Titles Only" in the drop down box, you can select "Search Entire Posts" in the dropdown box and it will bring up all postings with the words you typed in the search box. Give it a try, I bet you will be happy to see how much time you can save rather than searching from thread to thread looking for a particular posting.

Way to go!
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Finance Globe. Reason: Removed old links
15 years 7 months ago #6
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

JUST DISCOVERED SOEMTHING IMPORTANT, TRY NOT TO ATTACH PICS FROM A PERSONAL LINK BECAUSE THEY CAN BE ACCESSED IF SOMEONE CLICKS IT. FOR INSTANCE, I NOTICED THAT I PUT IN PICS FROM MY ONLINE MOVIE STORE AND I JUST SO HAPPENED TO CLICK IT AND MY ACCOUNT OPENED UP IN A NEW BROWSER, STILL SIGNED ON. I AM NOT FOR SURE IF IT IS BECAUSE MY IP ADDRESS IS RECONIZED BUT I AM NOT TAKING ANY CHANCES.

IF YOU WANT TO POST IT, MAKE SURE THAT YOU GO RIGHT BACK AFTER POSTING AND EDIT THE PIC BY CLICKING]
1.EDIT
2. HIGHLIGHT THE PIC
3. CLICK INSERT LINK LOGO
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
4. HIGHLIGHT THE URL
5. AND TYPE ANYTHING LIKE (JFOWJFW02H90H2)
6. THEN CLICK SAVE

THIS WAY IT WILL NOT GO BACK TO THE SITE WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFO!

******Just giving heads up while having fun********]
15 years 7 months ago #7
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

7/29/2008*
15 years 7 months ago #8
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

7/2/2008
Just an update for newbies:fun:
15 years 8 months ago #9
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Not a problem! :laugh:

Not a problem! :laugh:
16 years 5 days ago #10

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Thanks Meya!

Thanks Meya!
16 years 6 days ago #11
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

was created by Meya

Ok here is where I think the problem is, there are too many posting here with "New Topic" that should just be added to the "Lounge" as a continued posting. New-commers don't get me wrong, we want you to post as much as you want but please, before you post your topic, take a look at the main forums and see what your posting matches under. Here are the main forums:

1. The Lounge
2. Bank Specific
3. Credit Cards for good to great credit
4. Credit Cards for poor to fair credit
5. Credit Histories and Credit scores
6. Building Credit
7. Debt and Bankruptcy
8. Identity theft and Fraud
9. Investments
9. Mortgages
10. Students
11. Small Business
12. Other loans
13. Other topics
14. Financial Globe Lab

Each one of these forums has subtitiles where people can add New Topics that they feel newer info should be added along to what is currently available, and it will be a long and intersting thread. If you already have info that you would like to say because you saw an interesting post, just click "Post Reply" and it will follow the previous posts. Regardless to when someone has posted the last response, your new posting will pop up in the most new posting on the board under "View Unread Posts" it does not go unnoticed.

The lounge, as you can see, is where heavy traffic postings are, that is where we joke around and just chill. If you want to talk about the weather, your new car/house, a friend who made you mad...etc, go for it. It does not make a difference where you put it, someone will read it. Also "Other Topics" is another place where you can add "Other financial topics" which are not related to the main 14 fourms.

When someone has posted under a main fourm, please feel free to respond as many posting as you like, but when you want to ask a question that is not related to what the main thread is about, go to the lounge and post it, trust me, it will be answered. This is why some postings are re-routed or deleted. It's no offense, it is just that the postings becomes unrelated and make the thread waaay toooo long. When members come in, the first thing they do is go to the 'Unread Posts" to see the latest postings, they respond, or just skip and go to the next one. Most of the times, many of us just go through past postings and may decide to pick up from there, that is why you see a posting that was originally made (for instance) Sept 29, 2007, had a response on January 23, 2008. Furthermore, this is how the newcommers were able to respond to a previous post, YOU browsed the board, WAY TO GO!.

Basically the main reason for Porgy to bring this to our attention is that there are way too many NEW postings in the wrong category. So please, let's match our postings to the appropriate thread. And whatever you do, please make a note of the difference between NEW TOPIC & POST REPLY they are a HUGE difference. As you become familiar with the board, you will know when it is time to add a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks for reading members, remember, don't stop the posting, please bring all you have, we all Luuuuv to read new posting regardless to what is about.

[Originally posted Jan 27, 08 from https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/index.php?page=forum§ion=topic&top_id=100180]
16 years 6 days ago #12