Conflicting stories from news agencies regarding our current state of affairs.

• Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Joker on topic Conflicting stories from news agencies regarding our current state of affairs.

I agree that you cannot base your decisions solely on one version of the state of affairs. We are constantly being lead around by the nose by one group or another. Really makes you wonder, "Is anyone out there really telling me the truth about our economy?" Trump says it is better, but I take that with a grain of salt since I don't really like him anyway.
6 years 7 months ago #1

Replied by Moneyes on topic Conflicting stories from news agencies regarding our current state of affairs.

Different parts of the economy move different ways at different times. Real estate can go up while retail goes down. These two reports that contradicted each other........were they talking about the same part of the economy?
6 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by Lexie on topic Conflicting stories from news agencies regarding our current state of affairs.

Don't put too much stock in what you read Joker. It all depends on which economic indicators are being used by each source. I wonder the same thing about the differences in polls. Same poll, different results. Just keep your eyes open and be aware.
6 years 7 months ago #3
  • Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Conflicting stories from news agencies regarding our current state of affairs. was created by Joker

According to some, we are on the upswing in our economic indicators. More than we have seen the recent past. But, there is another source that I was reading that says we are balancing on the edge of the worst recession in years. Well, which is it? Why do the authorities in the news agencies contradict each other? I am thinking that even though the indicators are there, many other issues have me believing that we will go into recession. In the past, the way we got out of recession or depression was to go to war. I hope that is not what's happening here.
6 years 7 months ago #4