About Current Events

Replied by FrankN on topic Now what do Trump fans say about his behavior?

Wanderer wrote: Tried to be quiet but a re-election in 2020?! GADS! Do you all remember the piece of paper with the circles drawn on it that you tape to a wall and it said "Bang Head Here" ... that is what both the Democrats and Republicans think of us the voters. We are suppose to be to dumb and stupid to know any better... ? Sure wish a bunch of quality dark horses would surface for both parties and may be even a quality Independent Candidate. We could use a whole new Congress as well. Somewhere I remember the phrase "Governance by of and for the People" ... hmm ... GREED sure seems to be the operative word instead! Back many years ago I thought I remembered some quality people existed and would run ... sure has been a long long time.

I would love to see a quality independent candidate.
6 years 4 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Now what do Trump fans say about his behavior?

Tried to be quiet but a re-election in 2020?! GADS! Do you all remember the piece of paper with the circles drawn on it that you tape to a wall and it said "Bang Head Here" ... that is what both the Democrats and Republicans think of us the voters. We are suppose to be to dumb and stupid to know any better... ? Sure wish a bunch of quality dark horses would surface for both parties and may be even a quality Independent Candidate. We could use a whole new Congress as well. Somewhere I remember the phrase "Governance by of and for the People" ... hmm ... GREED sure seems to be the operative word instead! Back many years ago I thought I remembered some quality people existed and would run ... sure has been a long long time.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Wanderer.
6 years 5 months ago #2

Replied by JacksonM on topic Now what do Trump fans say about his behavior?

I understand how you feel. I've seen a mix of headlines about it, some saying he's a shoo-in to the other extreme of a re-election campaign not even happening. I think a fair amount of people are tired of broken promises and the circus he's created. Of course, some are still die-hard fans. It'll depend on the charisma of those against him.
6 years 5 months ago #3

Replied by JGibbs on topic Re: About Current Events

Jacob3d wrote: Thanks for sharing! Awesome and helpful information, appreciate it.

Well, you posted six years ago and disappeared. I wish more people would stay and chat. Obviously, a person can learn more from different viewpoints if there's more input. This is the nicest financial forum! Seriously, if you're lurking, jump on in. The people here are friendly!
6 years 5 months ago #4

Replied by Joker on topic Now what do Trump fans say about his behavior?

I just read an appalling article that suggests that Donald Trump will win again in 2020. I would really like to hear some views on this. How do we stop it? I couldn't tell you because the Democrats don't really have anyone I think that could beat him at this point. They had better start revving up the old election engine now. I really don't want another 4 years of this. It's making my stomach hurt.
6 years 5 months ago #5

Replied by Pinky on topic Now what do Trump fans say about his behavior?

Now he has really done it. "It" being, provoke a nuclear country that is lead by a young, Korean bully. He played golf too much and the North Korea’s General Kim Rak Gyom was annoyed with Trump spending too much time on the golf course and stated, "He doesn't realize the gravity of the situation, in his slam of our leader. Trump fired back (of course) with "North Korea would be met with “fire and fury like the world has never seen” if it continued to provoke the U.S." This is what I said all along. Trump has no idea about how to handle foreign policy and he obviously can't hire the right people to delegate it too. North Korea is just warming up and I don't even want to think about the people we abandoned in Iraq and Iran. Note: The Bible says that the anti-Christ will come from the middle east. Just saying.....
6 years 8 months ago #6

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: About Current Events

Thanks for sharing! Awesome and helpful information, appreciate it.

Welcome to the site. You will find an amazing amount of info from different posters. I know there has been a lot to learn.
13 years 3 months ago #7

Replied by Jacob3d on topic Re: About Current Events

Thanks for sharing! Awesome and helpful information, appreciate it.
13 years 3 months ago #8

Replied by Meya on topic Re: About Current Events

Good info! Thanks buddie!:white-flag:
14 years 6 months ago #9

More Credit Card INFO]

Credit Card Laws and Court Rulings--Have They Helped Consumers?

Congress passed the Credit CARD Act in May but it gave issuers and banks almost one year to implement the major provisions of the bill. Since then, issuers did exactly what they threatened to do--raise rates and fees on a broad group of cardholders. Consumers and elected officials are not happy about this, and members of Congress plan to introduce a bill to accelerate the effective date of the bill from February 22, 2010 to December 1, 2009.

Source "Lowcards.com" Thursday, September 24, 2009

FG Readers be ready for the next ... ??? :upset:
14 years 6 months ago #10

Loyal Readers... :shocked:

The following is a cut out from "Lowcards.com" dated Wednesday, July 22, 2009 posted by Lynn referencing why credit card rates are going up along with interest rates and the lowering of credit lines.

***Posting***
Last week, banks and issuers released their monthly reports that included default rates. For some issuers, default rates remained about the same. While this could be seen as a sign of stabilization, it could also be a short pause as households used tax refunds to pay down credit card balances. Here are the default rates from other major credit card issuers:

* Capital One's rate rose to 9.73% in June from 9.41% in May.

* JP Morgan Chase defaults declined to 8.04% in June from 8.36% in May.

* Discover's rate fell to 8.75% from 8.91%.

* American Express defaults fell slightly from 10.0% in May to 9.9% in June.

* Citigroup defaults remained unchanged at 10.5%

Since the unemployment rate is expected to increase, some observers fear that industry's default rate could climb above 12% by the first quarter of 2010.

Posted by Lynn at 8]

None of us should be all that surprised but the default rate is way bigger than I figured. Comments[/COLOR]
14 years 8 months ago #11
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: About Current Events

Sorry for the delay in articles. We will have our author back soon! Much to cover...
14 years 8 months ago #12

Citi Bank is still NOT out of the soup yet nor is CIT. Wells Fargo bought a boat full of less than great loans with Wacovia Bank along with its own oops. We will have a while until all this subprome mess shakes out. I know for a fact in my part of Minnesota our tax collection delinquencies went from 2% to 10% in six months. Not good!
14 years 8 months ago #13
  • Finance Globe
  • Finance Globe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Re: Current Event Articles

Definitely. My goal is to not have duplicate posts, so if the topic is already in discussion and established, I will link the article to the appropriate forum.
15 years 9 months ago #14

Replied by Rob72830 on topic Re: Current Event Articles

Will links to articles we read on the web be welcome like we have done on other threads?
15 years 9 months ago #15