Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

Replied by Finance Globe on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

This is the republican's way of looking at taxes. Allow corporations to keep the money to "hopefully" re-invest in our people.
6 years 3 months ago #16

Replied by Moneyes on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

Joker wrote: How in the world does Donald Trump think that if he gives tax cuts to the richest among us that it will help the middle and lower class at all? He did say that he was going to get some of our money we have out to other countries back and I guess he is doing it but I really don't like his methods. *I'm sorry but I just can't seem to get onboard with DT.

That's probably becasue running real estate businesses is a lot different than running the economic portion of a country. He didn't get the memo, he is still doing business as he is used to and it's a hard thing for people to come to terms with.
6 years 3 months ago #17

Replied by FrankN on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

JacksonM wrote:

Joker wrote: How in the world does Donald Trump think that if he gives tax cuts to the richest among us that it will help the middle and lower class at all? He did say that he was going to get some of our money we have out to other countries back and I guess he is doing it but I really don't like his methods. *I'm sorry but I just can't seem to get onboard with DT.

Let's be real. Trump is not at all interested in the middle and lower classes. He's shown from the get-go that he's more interested in helping himself and his "friends" than anything else. After all, this is the same man who's looked into pardoning himself while claiming he's done nothing wrong.

and if the tax plans does not do that, hopefully congress will step up.
6 years 3 months ago #18

Replied by JGibbs on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

JacksonM wrote:

Joker wrote: Let's be real. Trump is not at all interested in the middle and lower classes. He's shown from the get-go that he's more interested in helping himself and his "friends" than anything else. After all, this is the same man who's looked into pardoning himself while claiming he's done nothing wrong.

Yes, and I can't handle all the people I work with who swear that giving big money a break will mean more money and jobs for everyone. That makes no sense and has never, ever worked in the past. I can't tell if they really believe that bull or if it's just what they tell themselves to feel better about it all.

6 years 4 months ago #19

Replied by JacksonM on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

Let's be real. Trump is not at all interested in the middle and lower classes. He's shown from the get-go that he's more interested in helping himself and his "friends" than anything else. After all, this is the same man who's looked into pardoning himself while claiming he's done nothing wrong.
6 years 4 months ago #20

Replied by Wanderer on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

Tax benefits! Has anyone looked at the growth of the National Debt? Where is the tax cut money coming from? More debt! ;(
6 years 4 months ago #21
  • Joker
  • Joker's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Joker on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

How in the world does Donald Trump think that if he gives tax cuts to the richest among us that it will help the middle and lower class at all? He did say that he was going to get some of our money we have out to other countries back and I guess he is doing it but I really don't like his methods. *I'm sorry but I just can't seem to get onboard with DT.
6 years 4 months ago #22

Replied by Lexie on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

Wanderer wrote: Interesting comments ... when I lived overseas I could not understand why they used so many people to do a job rather than mechanization so I asked. The response was we could employ 100 people and they had meaningful work and earned a wage. If we used the latest mechanization they would all be unemployed, low self esteem, low self worth and would be wandering aimlessly around (often getting into trouble). So ... you make some interesting points.

I don't know where you were overseas Wanderer but you probably should have stayed. I see today's corporations in the US being money hungry and doing anything to make more at whatever costs. Family owned companies were more concerned with their employees than corporate owned firms but those are now in the past.
6 years 4 months ago #23
  • Joker

Replied by Joker on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

These are good points, Wanderer. If we utilize all the up and coming technology (Internet of Things, Data Science, and Machine Learning), we will be using AI in short order. I don't know if we have the ability to stop it. Technology seems to spread no matter what!
6 years 4 months ago #24

Replied by Wanderer on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

Interesting comments ... when I lived overseas I could not understand why they used so many people to do a job rather than mechanization so I asked. The response was we could employ 100 people and they had meaningful work and earned a wage. If we used the latest mechanization they would all be unemployed, low self esteem, low self worth and would be wandering aimlessly around (often getting into trouble). So ... you make some interesting points.
6 years 4 months ago #25

Replied by Moneyes on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

JacksonM wrote: Sounds about right. People are expensive. They make crazy demands for things like a living wage and benefits. Why give in to that when you can improve efficiency without them?

LOL. That would be more funny if it weren't so true.
Makes you wonder if Washington needs to pass legislation mandating that companies hire more people instead of improving their technology.
6 years 4 months ago #26

Replied by FrankN on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

JacksonM wrote: Sounds about right. People are expensive. They make crazy demands for things like a living wage and benefits. Why give in to that when you can improve efficiency without them?

LOL JacksonM. You hope for the best that these tax cuts would be spent on additional labor or investments in labor.
6 years 5 months ago #27

Replied by JacksonM on topic Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

Sounds about right. People are expensive. They make crazy demands for things like a living wage and benefits. Why give in to that when you can improve efficiency without them?
6 years 5 months ago #28
  • Joker

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. was created by Joker

The proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs, according to CNBC's website. Trump has proposed the 20-30% tax cut for corporations and the Russell 2000 stand to get the best of it. Trump is hoping to create jobs, however, it looks like most will use the extra cash for tech buys to improve productivity.
6 years 5 months ago #29