Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 6 days 19 hours ago #1

• Lexie
I cringe whenever someone says "student loans." It could take a lifetime to pay them off in this economy. Trade school is a good alternative if one is willing to be a laborer. Last time I had a plumber in he charged so much I decided I was in the wrong profession.

I have told my children not to count on Social Security. They will probably never see it. Sad indeed.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 week 3 days ago #2

• Wanderer
Sobering reality ... the latest happenings in the last few years have done a lot to open the door for the middle class that is now obsolescent to move into the lower class. Then ... we reduce the "safety nets" (Trump's group now has the Republicans understanding how to vote so they will attack Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid through program right sizing to balance the recently passed tax restructure - they are even bragging about it) and cast us into the ranks of the "have not's'". I think of the huge costs connected with college and then I wonder if we go to a trade school will the jobs be there or overseas (if the jobs exist at all) so student debt bothers me and then we free the financial industry from oversight and follow with the elimination of "net neutrality" related to media and WOW ... "free willy". Not funny! ;(

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 week 3 days ago #3

• Lexie
Finance Globe wrote:
This is the republican's way of looking at taxes. Allow corporations to keep the money to "hopefully" re-invest in our people.

It is a good concept if it will work. On another note have you ever seen a big business close down because of high taxes and regulations? I used to live in a town where that happened and the people were left jobless. Soon other business followed the first one and now it's rather a ghost town. The whole area is entering its 3rd generation of poverty.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 week 5 days ago #4

This is the republican's way of looking at taxes. Allow corporations to keep the money to "hopefully" re-invest in our people.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 week 5 days ago #5

• Moneyes
Joker wrote:
How in the world does Donald Trump think that if he gives tax cuts to the richest among us that it will help the middle and lower class at all? He did say that he was going to get some of our money we have out to other countries back and I guess he is doing it but I really don't like his methods. *I'm sorry but I just can't seem to get onboard with DT.

That's probably becasue running real estate businesses is a lot different than running the economic portion of a country. He didn't get the memo, he is still doing business as he is used to and it's a hard thing for people to come to terms with.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 2 weeks 4 days ago #6

• FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
JacksonM wrote:
Joker wrote:
How in the world does Donald Trump think that if he gives tax cuts to the richest among us that it will help the middle and lower class at all? He did say that he was going to get some of our money we have out to other countries back and I guess he is doing it but I really don't like his methods. *I'm sorry but I just can't seem to get onboard with DT.

Let's be real. Trump is not at all interested in the middle and lower classes. He's shown from the get-go that he's more interested in helping himself and his "friends" than anything else. After all, this is the same man who's looked into pardoning himself while claiming he's done nothing wrong.

and if the tax plans does not do that, hopefully congress will step up.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 month 1 week ago #7

• JGibbs
JacksonM wrote:
Joker wrote:
Let's be real. Trump is not at all interested in the middle and lower classes. He's shown from the get-go that he's more interested in helping himself and his "friends" than anything else. After all, this is the same man who's looked into pardoning himself while claiming he's done nothing wrong.
Yes, and I can't handle all the people I work with who swear that giving big money a break will mean more money and jobs for everyone. That makes no sense and has never, ever worked in the past. I can't tell if they really believe that bull or if it's just what they tell themselves to feel better about it all.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 month 1 week ago #8

• JacksonM
Joker wrote:

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 month 1 week ago #9

• Wanderer
Tax benefits! Has anyone looked at the growth of the National Debt? Where is the tax cut money coming from? More debt! ;(

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 month 1 week ago #10

• Joker

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 month 1 week ago #11

• Lexie
Wanderer wrote:
Interesting comments ... when I lived overseas I could not understand why they used so many people to do a job rather than mechanization so I asked. The response was we could employ 100 people and they had meaningful work and earned a wage. If we used the latest mechanization they would all be unemployed, low self esteem, low self worth and would be wandering aimlessly around (often getting into trouble). So ... you make some interesting points.

I don't know where you were overseas Wanderer but you probably should have stayed. I see today's corporations in the US being money hungry and doing anything to make more at whatever costs. Family owned companies were more concerned with their employees than corporate owned firms but those are now in the past.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 month 1 week ago #12

• Joker
These are good points, Wanderer. If we utilize all the up and coming technology (Internet of Things, Data Science, and Machine Learning), we will be using AI in short order. I don't know if we have the ability to stop it. Technology seems to spread no matter what!

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 month 1 week ago #13

• Wanderer
Interesting comments ... when I lived overseas I could not understand why they used so many people to do a job rather than mechanization so I asked. The response was we could employ 100 people and they had meaningful work and earned a wage. If we used the latest mechanization they would all be unemployed, low self esteem, low self worth and would be wandering aimlessly around (often getting into trouble). So ... you make some interesting points.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 1 month 1 week ago #14

• Moneyes
JacksonM wrote:
Sounds about right. People are expensive. They make crazy demands for things like a living wage and benefits. Why give in to that when you can improve efficiency without them?

LOL. That would be more funny if it weren't so true.
Makes you wonder if Washington needs to pass legislation mandating that companies hire more people instead of improving their technology.

Proposed tax cut to be used for technology instead of jobs. 2 months 11 hours ago #15

• FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
JacksonM wrote:
Sounds about right. People are expensive. They make crazy demands for things like a living wage and benefits. Why give in to that when you can improve efficiency without them?

LOL JacksonM. You hope for the best that these tax cuts would be spent on additional labor or investments in labor.