Building The Wall

Replied by FrankN on topic Building The Wall

I read today that he wants the wall to be completely transparent!
6 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by Joker on topic Building The Wall

Instead of Mexico paying like Trump suggested in the beginning, now he wants us to pay. How much can we be expected to shoulder with no relief? There are still many states that fall mainly below the poverty level so why can't we help them with the billions he wants for the wall? Venting.....
6 years 3 months ago #2

Joker wrote: All that means is that it will cost the taxpayer more money to get the high tech fence. I still think it is a bad idea when there is so much more that could be fixed in this country. We still have kids that are hungry here. Better to spend the money on some infrastructure or services.

Agreed Joker. We should focus our priorities on other things.
6 years 4 months ago #3

All that means is that it will cost the taxpayer more money to get the high tech fence. I still think it is a bad idea when there is so much more that could be fixed in this country. We still have kids that are hungry here. Better to spend the money on some infrastructure or services.
6 years 5 months ago #4
  • Moneyes
  • Moneyes's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Moneyes on topic Building The Wall

The Trump administration has been in talks with technology companies to build a wall that is high tech. Sensors built into it, etc......If this happens with the accompaniment of the tech. Border Patrol is already using, technology the military has used overseas, more illegal crossings can be seen and dealt with.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/us/politics/on-the-mexican-border-a-case-for-technology-over-concrete.html
6 years 5 months ago #5

Now you have gone and got me started on Donald Trump. This fence idea is ridiculous. Everybody with a pair of wire cutters will just cut it and go on. Repairs that will need to be made will be more costs. I don't really like the fact that there are so many illegals using our human services up but I also don't think that kicking them back to Mexico or ?? will help our problems in that venue.
6 years 8 months ago #6

Yeah but there is other infrastructure we could use that money for...roads, bridges, etc.
6 years 11 months ago #7

Replied by Goldbug on topic Building The Wall

FrankN wrote: I hate to get political, but I think spending money on this is incredibly stupid. I don't think it will solve any real problems.

The last thing I heard was that they were having trouble funding it. Someone had suggested using the $14bn gained from taking down organised crime to fund it. Now if that $14bn is invested straight into construction companies along the wall's route that would create a boom and jobs in the region. I still don't think the wall would be effective as an immigration deterrent, but as an infrastructure project for regeneration it might give a temporary and needed boost.
6 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by Wanderer on topic Building The Wall

Follow your comments FrankN.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Wanderer.
6 years 11 months ago #9

I hate to get political, but I think spending money on this is incredibly stupid. I don't think it will solve any real problems.
6 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Building The Wall

I honestly don't know if he really believes it's a good idea or not. With everything else going on, I haven't heard much about it lately and I'm happy about that. It seems that healthcare reform, the Gorsuch confirmation, and now the Syrian chemical attack is taking precedence to discussion about the wall.
7 years 1 week ago #11

Replied by Curry on topic Building The Wall

I think Trump really does believe the wall is a good idea. Thank goodness he has advisors and cabinet members who can advise him on how to go about things like this, otherwise we would really be in a big mess.
7 years 1 week ago #12

A wall is not going to do a thing to fix the issue. Its a complete marketing tool and a waste of money.
7 years 1 month ago #13

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Building The Wall

I completely agree, Wanderer! I know we have a lot of problems that need to be tackled, but all this rushing isn't helping anyone. I really think he should have waited until his entire Cabinet was in place before signing some of these orders.
7 years 2 months ago #14

Replied by Wanderer on topic Building The Wall

In the rush to take action on many matters it appears that many matters have not been considered completely before actions have been forth coming! Slow down ...
7 years 2 months ago #15