Credit Card Questions

Poll: Does anyone find this thread helpful?

Yes
67 80.7%
No
5 6%
Somewhat
11 13.3%
Total number of voters: 9 ( Wanderer, FrankN, JacksonM, JGibbs, vincymol ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Replied by FrankN on topic 1st credit card

Just curious to see if it would still show up on your credit report
4 years 11 months ago #8

Replied by Wanderer on topic 1st credit card

In truth I don't remember.
5 years 1 day ago #9

Nice. Were those cards canceled or rolled into another credit card as those financial institutions were rolled up?
5 years 2 days ago #10

Replied by Wanderer on topic 1st credit card

A Texaco Gas Card with a $300 limit followed by a BankAmericard $300 limit and a Northwestern National Bank Southwest MasterCard $1,000 limit. Over time the lenders were absorbed into other financial institutions or ownership transfers.
Last edit: 5 years 6 days ago by Wanderer.
5 years 6 days ago #11

What was your first credit card? Mine was the Amex blue that I got in college. I still have it to this day.
5 years 6 days ago #12

Replied by FrankN on topic Sofi Money

I like that approach Wanderer and take a very similar approach.
5 years 1 week ago #13

Replied by Wanderer on topic Sofi Money

Spread across the month and I take a card out of use so I can pay it off before statement cutoffs. Leave a balance on one to maximize the FICO Scoring Model. It seems there are other approaches for this too.
5 years 2 weeks ago #14

For people with multiple credit cards, do you like to set up the payment date the same or more sporadic across the month? I like it to be more sporadic instead of one very high payment.
5 years 2 weeks ago #15

My wife and I are sharing a credit card, but I am not sure that counts!
5 years 2 months ago #16

Does anyone share credit cards with their family? I was speaking with my sister-in-law and they each have a credit card under the same account.
5 years 3 months ago #17

Has anyone used Sofi Money before? Someone told me about it, and it looks like a great platform.
5 years 4 months ago #18

Replied by FrankN on topic Credit Karma

Does anyone use Credit Karma as their primary source for their credit score?
5 years 6 months ago #19

Replied by FrankN on topic Disputing a Charge

Poll for the group: How many credit cards do you have in your wallet?
5 years 8 months ago #20

Replied by FrankN on topic Disputing a Charge

Agreed most places I go to and pay with a credit card still require my signature.
5 years 9 months ago #21

Replied by Wanderer on topic Disputing a Charge

Some merchants/processing banks have waived off on the "no signature" option and process it as a chip only card which really moves the transaction along (as to security anyone could pretend to sign and no verification actually took place so not sure where there was any true risk loss). Heard of a situation where a person left their Debit Card in a grocery store and due to no pin or signature had their bank account emptied. Now since no real attempt to verify a signature took place I am not sure how there was a security breach. The card owner was told to file a loss with the bank and hope for the best. Yeah ... ok ... hope for the best. Actually have not seen much on the change to no signature so far. Many merchant/banks have not actually implemented the possible change (it is merchant option).
5 years 9 months ago #22