Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Report Your "Credit limit Increases" Here!

Uh, porgy just scared the 11 years 3 months ago #2356

• Meya
  • Finance Commander
Uh, porgy just scared the mess out of us about cap1. He said that Chase is buying them and if we don't meet chase standards.....down the drain we go with high aprs or closed accounts. :dumbfounded: :scared:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Well, I called the backdoor 11 years 3 months ago #2357

• CLIFTON
Well, I called the backdoor number to Cap1 today and received a 300 dollar CLI on one of my Platinum Visa Cards, so.........

Cap 1 Visa #1 = $1100 CL
Cap 2 Visa #2 = $600 CL

Keep the utilization down!!! :cheesing: :laugh: :cool:

Clifton, how long has it 11 years 3 months ago #2358

• hjm331
  • Finance Commander
Clifton, how long has it been since your last CLI from Cap1?

Cap1 can show me a 11 years 3 months ago #2359

• CLIFTON
Cap1 can show me a little love on my 300 cl Visa. But I have already received a 300 CLI and 500 CLI from them and now my limit is up on the other Visa is 1100 dollars.

Way to go lil bro! 11 years 3 months ago #2360

• Meya
  • Finance Commander
Way to go lil bro! You got it going on with cap 1. This is good news for those who are awaiting a cli. Wahoooo!
:fun: :laugh:

Capital One-$500 $1,000 $1,500. This account 11 years 3 months ago #2361

• hjm331
  • Finance Commander
Capital One-$500 $1,000 $1,500.

This account is only 4 months old!

Do you want to know how I did it?

I always paid on time, actually paid all in full every month

And requested them for the first CLI but they gave the 2nd CLI all by themselves!

Teh Avuenue just increased me 11 years 3 months ago #2362

• Meya
  • Finance Commander
Teh Avuenue just increased me from $1780 to $2180. Wahooooo!

Hey MarLi, I'm happy that 11 years 3 months ago #2363

• hjm331
  • Finance Commander
Hey MarLi, I'm happy that you have a Macy's card. I have one myself. I applied online and they started me off with $300 and I've made 2 purchases on it so far. I've had the cards for two months now and I've both gift cards for $30 each. I paid off both of them in full and they raised my limit to $600. Pretty good for a 2 month's worth of history with them. I just hope they can give me a $3,000 limit by the end of the year as they have done with somebody else here on FG.

MarLi, since you bought a Canon and HP computer, I'm assuming you have the Macy's Visa
correct?

I applied for a Macy's 11 years 3 months ago #2364

• MarLi
I applied for a Macy's card in May only received a lmit of $200. As I was instructed by one of the manager- NEVER ever be late. I asked and was given the following:

Aug-200 to 300

Nov-300 to 500

Dec 500 to 600 two weeks later I was able to do the following:

I bought a chaise for $1,000 they open a seperate account for the deferred payment. This charge will be deferred until June 08'. A week later I bought a $1,400 watch- this is called a top 40 account. On the same I got I bought a $500 neclace. I then was able to get my revolving account increased to buy a new HP laptop, canon camera, and itouch ($1,600). In total I have acrued over $5K. I love Macy's. By the way my credit score is in the mid 562. Macy's treats their customers like GOLD. :cheesing:

In Sept I tried and 11 years 3 months ago #2365

• porgy1000
In Sept I tried and a NO GO. In Novermber I tried and one of my accounts CLI $8,000 and another $12,000 total of $20,000, I was even surprised myself. Citibank does the same thing twice a year for me, also large increase from Citibank

I don't know anyone who 11 years 3 months ago #2366

• porgy1000
I don't know anyone who would buy $20,000 worth of stuff from Office Depot unless they're making a movie like Office Space.

I just have that office depot card from citibank forever. Over time most crdit companies raise your limits, I think I had $2200 at first. If you maintain a good track record, they all will raise your limits, worthless cards and the good ones

I just applied for the 11 years 3 months ago #2367

• porgy1000
I just applied for the Hooters card online and it said I will get a letter in the mail in 7 to 10 days, hmmmmm, should I worry? nah, I never have been able to get one of those instant decision things. I will let you kow what happens on the Hooters card, should be interesting.

I don't think you should 11 years 3 months ago #2368

• hjm331
  • Finance Commander
I don't think you should expect too many increases from Target. A place like Macy's would give you an increase every 3 months if you take care of your account because they give you the limit according to their prices. If they give you a $200 dollar limit, it's not going to help you buy a lot of stuff from there. But since Target has cheaper prices, then $200 will get you a lot more stuff then you would at Macy's for $200.

So, I decided to send 11 years 3 months ago #2369

• Meya
  • Finance Commander
So, I decided to send Target a pitful crying e-letter about a limit increase, and this is how it went

From me:
How come everyone else is getting credit limits increases except for me? I am jealous, I pay my bills to you on time and I believe that I am ready for a limit increase. This is the lowest limit that I have ever had. This is why I can not hardly use the card, I just use cash because my limit is too low. Can someone look into this for me and grant me some type of limit increase? I will gladly appreciate it. Thanks and Happy New Years!

Target response: Please accept my apology, we're not able to manually process requests for credit limit increases on Target Credit Card accounts.

Your account will be reviewed every month for a possible increase. If your credit limit is adjusted, you will see a change on your monthly billing statement and the information will be updated on our automated phone system.

If you have more questions, please call us at (888) 755-5856 and we can help you. When asked for your Target REDcard account number, press #, #, # to speak to a representative. We're here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Thanks and Happy New Year to you too! good and ready."
:laugh:
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Finance Globe Admin. Reason: Code Formatting

Well, I came back from 11 years 3 months ago #2370

• CLIFTON
Well, I came back from my trip to visit family in Atlanta for the holidays, I log onto my Cap1 account and guess what I see??? Yeah, a CLI!!!! I now have 1100 dollar CL on one of my Visa cards. An increase of 500 dollars!!! That is great for my utilization.

The other card is still stuck at 300 dollars and I used it primarily during my trip in order to show usage and to get a little love from them on this card in the near future. Hopefully they will show me some love soon even though I went overlimit by 8 dollars when I got the card a couple of months ago.