2017 Credit Card Deals

• FrankN
  • FrankN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Replied by FrankN on topic 2017 Credit Card Deals

Does anyone have the Amex platinum? I see there is a 100K bonus, but you have to spend over $30K. I don't think that deal is worth it.
5 years 6 months ago #1
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

they stopped the 100K bonus. Now it is only 50K.
5 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by yazarmyint on topic 2017 Credit Card Deals

Where the card?
5 years 8 months ago #3
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

CentsibleSaver wrote:

Wanderer wrote: That is correct ... Chase shut down the 100,000 bonus points and it is now 50,000 same as the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

I missed it too. Unfortunately, the first time I saw it talked up was on an internet marketing site that just seemed to scream "get rick quick". Since the site seemed scummy, I thought the card incentive was a scam. Boy, did I miss out.

Same here...would have loved to get that. Maybe they will bring it back!
6 years 7 months ago #4

Replied by CentsibleSaver on topic 2017 Credit Card Deals

Wanderer wrote: That is correct ... Chase shut down the 100,000 bonus points and it is now 50,000 same as the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

I missed it too. Unfortunately, the first time I saw it talked up was on an internet marketing site that just seemed to scream "get rick quick". Since the site seemed scummy, I thought the card incentive was a scam. Boy, did I miss out.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by CentsibleSaver.
6 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by Joker on topic 2017 Credit Card Deals

That has been a problem in this country for the last decade, people living beyond their means. A friend of mine said once that she couldn't be broke because she still has checks. It is just that kind of attitude that has our country in the shape its in now. Pay everything at the end of the month and you will be golden.
6 years 7 months ago #6
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

I guess thats true. If I ever see that offer again, I am going to take it immediately!
6 years 10 months ago #7

Replied by Wanderer on topic 2017 Credit Card Deals

There has been no leak that Chase has anything in the works at this time. They said the 100,000 points took off better than expected and they had to discontinue it due to its costs. It seems Chase caused American Express to up the benefits on their Platinum Card but I don't think the 100,000 is available on it right now. All a person can do is keep checking to see if they slip in a limited offering. AX has done that before.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Wanderer.
6 years 11 months ago #8
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Does anyone think they will offer the Chase Sapphire 100K bonus again? That deal seemed to good to be true.
6 years 11 months ago #9

For stability credit unions have some good solid cards with low interest and some with rewards. Citi Bank offers the Double Cash that equals 2% for rewards and a moderate Apr. Chase has the Freedom Unlimited with 1.5% on all purchases. Discover has a solid 1% plus rotating quarterly categories worth 5% plus Discover Deals.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Wanderer.
6 years 11 months ago #10

Replied by Goldbug on topic 2017 Credit Card Deals

FrankN wrote: Has anyone heard of any good credit card offerings for 2017?

I don't know about good offerings in 2017. I think I'd just be looking for something with a long term stable and low interest rate. With all the instability going on, I think it is going to be hard to find anywhere offering great deals, when they just need to offer good terms to get more signups.
6 years 11 months ago #11
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Yeah I was too late to the game. I am in process of purchasing a house and didn't want to get a new credit card so my credit score would get dinged.
7 years 1 month ago #12

That is correct ... Chase shut down the 100,000 bonus points and it is now 50,000 same as the Chase Sapphire Preferred.
7 years 2 months ago #13
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Unfortunately, I heard you can no longer get the 100K bonus on the chase sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite anymore.
7 years 2 months ago #14

Replied by FrugalFran on topic 2017 Credit Card Deals

Wanderer wrote: The hot card for the fall of 2016 was the Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite (for travelers). Nothing else has been leaked so far. Oh ... for those who qualify for the USAA Federal Savings Bank membership (military) there is the new USAA Limitless Cash Rewards Visa with 2.5% for rewards, no foreign transaction fees, no annual fees, chip and pin with no bonus sign up. Have to be a member, a $1,000 per month direct deposit and for the moment live in one of the approved states. Good card but membership is restricted.

That sounds very tempting. I don't have direct deposit with USAA, but I might consider it to get this card. My dad is my military link and to be honest, I don't think I've been taking full advantage of all that USAA has to offer up to this point.
7 years 2 months ago #15