Credit Karma

• FrankN
  • FrankN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Replied by FrankN on topic Credit Karma

I have a lot of friends also using Credit Sesame, anyone had experience using this company?
5 years 10 months ago #5
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

I have started to notice my credit karma is getting less and less accurate. Is there any other services that other people use similar to credit karma?
6 years 3 weeks ago #6
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

I do the exact same thing. Or shoot someone an email once I gave them a call.
6 years 4 months ago #7

Replied by JacksonM on topic Credit Karma

I'm noticing that more myself. I've also noticed I leave more messages when I contact people from work. It used to be about 50/50, but I think most people now let it go to voicemail and deal with it if someone leaves a message.
6 years 4 months ago #8

Replied by JGibbs on topic Credit Karma

My big issue with ignoring calls that I don't recognize is that it's so easy to spoof them. I wind up answering a call here and there because the area code and first three digits resemble those I know.
6 years 5 months ago #9

My previous smartphone wouldn't let me block numbers, which is why I started using the g-voice number. The one I have now makes it very easy, and I can report spam text messages. The main difference between the two? My previous phone was one I bought from the carrier, who would gladly let me pay $5 per month to block a number. The new one is unlocked.
6 years 5 months ago #10
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Its pretty easy if you have a smartphone. Below is a link walking you through how to block calls.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-block-calls-on-an-apple-iphone/
6 years 6 months ago #11

Replied by Joker on topic Credit Karma

I keep all my friends with names on my phone. Unless I'm expecting a call from someone outside of my "friends" category, I won't answer anything without a name. I must be on every marketing list in the world! I check my messages for any calls that I missed that are important. Say FrankN, how does one block callers from a cell phone?
6 years 6 months ago #12
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

Lexie wrote:

JGibbs wrote:

Lexie wrote: That's the problem with anything "free." It looks good on the surface and may work for a while but there's a catch there somewhere. I especially like those "free" things that sell their email and phone lists to other companies.

I think anytime you download software, open an account, or sign up for something "free", the fee is usually you, the end user. Whether it's facebook, Credit Karma, WOT, or anything else. I always read the mile long privacy notice and hope I don't miss something major. Of course, that policy can change in the blink of an eye.

Does anyone know how to stop marketers from calling your cell phone number?

I have caller ID on my cell JGibbs. If a number pops up that I don't know, I don't answer. If they don't leave a message I block that number from my phone. I have blocked a lot lately from all over the country.

That is smart Lexie. I don't answer #s I don't know, but thats a good idea to block that number going forward.
6 years 6 months ago #13

Replied by Lexie on topic Credit Karma

JGibbs wrote:

Lexie wrote: That's the problem with anything "free." It looks good on the surface and may work for a while but there's a catch there somewhere. I especially like those "free" things that sell their email and phone lists to other companies.

I think anytime you download software, open an account, or sign up for something "free", the fee is usually you, the end user. Whether it's facebook, Credit Karma, WOT, or anything else. I always read the mile long privacy notice and hope I don't miss something major. Of course, that policy can change in the blink of an eye.

I have caller ID on my cell JGibbs. If a number pops up that I don't know, I don't answer. If they don't leave a message I block that number from my phone. I have blocked a lot lately from all over the country.
6 years 7 months ago #14

When I was having trouble with unknown numbers calling often, I started using a Google Voice number as my phone number when signing up for things. It's definitely helped. At first I got a lot of emails about "messages" that were seconds long, but once I turned that off, it hasn't been a bother at all. You can easily add a number if you already have a google account or create a dummy one just for Voice.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by JacksonM.
6 years 7 months ago #15

Replied by JGibbs on topic Credit Karma

6 years 7 months ago #16

Replied by Joker on topic Credit Karma

There are many so called "free" things out on the internet today that are all about getting your information and selling it to others. I know that my phone rings off the hook all day and half the night. I have a fast rule that if you want to get to talk to me, you had better give your name and number so that I can put it in my phone. If a name doesn't come up, I won't answer the phone. I know that it's extreme, but ever since I was trying to do MLM, it has been heinous!
6 years 7 months ago #17
  • FrankN
  • Blogger & Researcher
  • Blogger & Researcher

I personally love Credit Karma for reviewing my credit. I do not use any other services, but in general the free aspects of Credit Karma are better than most I have seen, even if they send my information out to CC companies.
7 years 2 months ago #18

Replied by Lexie on topic Credit Karma

That's the problem with anything "free." It looks good on the surface and may work for a while but there's a catch there somewhere. I especially like those "free" things that sell their email and phone lists to other companies. I haven't tried Credit Karma but it sounds like a pretty good one if all you are getting is phone calls. You can block those numbers.
7 years 3 months ago #19