Barclaycard

Replied by FrankN on topic Barclays

What does Ally offer you in general?
7 years 1 month ago #1

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Barclays

That's all good to know, Wanderer, and based on that, I think I'll stick with Ally. They recently came out with a credit card, but I haven't looked into its terms yet. I do know their customer service has been stellar for me so far, so if ain't broke, don't fix it. :)
7 years 1 month ago #2

Replied by Wanderer on topic Barclays

Barclays awards credit limits that are very generous and a month later take AA against the card holder and reduce or balance chase for unknown reasons. They have been churning their cards so that they have become basically of medium or lower value. Several blogs track the card activities of Barclay as of late have not been kind to them. A good search engine could help you discover more detail than I will supply here. As to free FICO checks usually on the online/statement every two months. Recently, Barclays Ring went from virtually no benefits but a very good 8.5% Apr to 13.49% Apr which killed the card for those seeking low aprs. The Barclays Sallie Mae MC that awarded 5% on groceries and gas (cap $250 per month) and 5% on Amazon (capped at $750 per month) is shutting down February 28, 2017. The Barclays Rewards card is not generally available now (rebuild/starter credit seekers). Something is happening but no one knows what?
7 years 1 month ago #3

Replied by Goldbug on topic Barclays

Wanderer wrote: Barclays has some unique habits that you may want to do a web search. In reference to credit they are very strange and it is more than I can write here. Do you have other choices of credit unions?

I haven't found anything odd about Barclays online. Could you give a few more details of the problems, please?

Also, they used to offer free FICO scorechecks to credit card holders ( details here ). Do you know if that is still available as an offer?
7 years 1 month ago #4

Replied by Wanderer on topic Barclays

Barclays has some unique habits that you may want to do a web search. In reference to credit they are very strange and it is more than I can write here. Do you have other choices of credit unions?
7 years 1 month ago #5

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Barclays

Does anyone know if there is a benefit to Barclays that makes them better than any of the other online banks? I currently do my online banking with Ally, but if Barclays has a big upside to them, I may consider opening another account with them.
7 years 1 month ago #6

Replied by Goldbug on topic Barclays

I have accounts with them, and they're not a bad bank. Sometimes wires get crossed, for example sending me a new card for the personal account when I was due a replacement for the business one, but their online stuff is OK and very easy to use. If their credit cards are as easy to manage through the online system as their debit cards, I might look at getting one.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Goldbug.
7 years 1 month ago #7

Replied by Moneyes on topic Barclays

I don't have their card, but I just opened a savings account with them. If the whole process of a card is the same, as in...being very easy to do, as with their online banking, I would recommend them. In a few years I might try for the card.
7 years 9 months ago #8

Replied by Wanderer on topic Barclay

You can use the Finance Globe "credit cards" tab an then "search for cards" and use the drop down to see Barclay Cards. They have a good selection of cards with most no AF.
8 years 2 weeks ago #9

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Barclay

I've never heard of a Barclay card. I understand much has changed, but is it currently a good card to have? Do they just have the Visa and Mastercard option?
8 years 2 weeks ago #10

Replied by Wanderer on topic Barclay credit card

Breakinger the post you are responding to is from 2 years and five months ago. Also, much has changed with Barclay products since then.
8 years 2 weeks ago #11

Replied by Breakinger on topic Barclay credit card

I had the rewards Mastercard version of this card and I ended up paying it off and closing it out. The APR on this card was really high for purchases and balance transfers at 25.49%. Is this the same card that you have?
8 years 2 weeks ago #12
  • SAR1954
  • SAR1954's Avatar Topic Author

was created by SAR1954

Yesterday I applied for and was approved for a Barclay Mastercard, with a CL of $1500.00. I have a few small balances I plan to combine and pay off. I am hearing mixed messages about Barclay, some love them and others down right hate them. Good or bad experences? Please share.
10 years 6 months ago #13