husband score is 647

Replied by FrankN on topic Credit card

I have also had great customer service with Capital One. I have successfully been able to get someone on the phone very quickly when I have an issue and I have been treated very well. I have been a customer for about 6 years.
7 years 6 months ago #1

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Credit card

Breakinger wrote: I had Capital One when I first started out and then got rid of them when I started having problems with their customer service. It did help me build credit fairly quickly though and now I don't have a problem getting any card that I want. Sometimes you just have to shop around.

If you don't mind elaborating, I'm just curious what kind of problems you had with their customer service. I'm asking because my husband has had two Capital One cards for many years and we haven't had any problems, but I'd like to know what to be on the lookout for just in case.
7 years 7 months ago #2

Replied by Breakinger on topic Credit card

I had Capital One when I first started out and then got rid of them when I started having problems with their customer service. It did help me build credit fairly quickly though and now I don't have a problem getting any card that I want. Sometimes you just have to shop around.
7 years 7 months ago #3

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Credit card

Bank of America is a bit screwy, but I've had a card with them for several years and haven't had any problems. My credit was mediocre when I first got the card and they gave me a pretty high credit limit.
8 years 2 months ago #4

Replied by SAR1954 on topic Re: husband score is 647

I saw somewhere on here that a member posted they had a U.S. Bank Secured Card and after a year or so of paying on time the card was switched to an unsecured credit card and their credit limit was raised substantially.

Best of Luck...
11 years 7 months ago #5

Replied by desree on topic Re: husband score is 647

:cheesing:
11 years 7 months ago #6

Replied by AJRandel on topic Re: husband score is 647

You should try capitol one walmart. They gave me a chance. I have had capitol one since march unsecured and approved for walmart in june.

Capital One Cash Rewards for Newcomers is good and will raise your credit limit after you show that you will pay. Then you can just keep that one at a low balance and get a better card from them with a better rate.
11 years 7 months ago #7

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: husband score is 647

we were trying to find a cc to help build his credit but dont know were to look and how to choose a good card

Other posters have suggested secured cards too from Bank of America, Citi Bank and it seems JC Penney has been good. Also, some of the Jewelry and specialty stores work.
11 years 8 months ago #8

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: husband score is 647

Capital One is an excellent choice for those wishing to rebuild with scores like his, I would also check with a credit union as well! Alot of GE Money credit cards such as Wal-Mart, JC Penny, to name a few! Best of luck on his rebuilding journey!
11 years 8 months ago #9

Replied by tyty2010 on topic Re: husband score is 647

we were trying to find a cc to help build his credit but dont know were to look and how to choose a good card

You should try capitol one walmart. They gave me a chance. I have had capitol one since march unsecured and approved for walmart in june.
11 years 8 months ago #10
  • katieharmon
  • katieharmon's Avatar Topic Author

was created by katieharmon

we were trying to find a cc to help build his credit but dont know were to look and how to choose a good card :scared: :scared: :scared:
11 years 8 months ago #11