Bill Me Later

Replied by FrankN on topic Guess who owns it now?

Let us know your results.
7 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by Curry on topic Guess who owns it now?

I don't know how it works either, but I have been a member of Paypal forever now. I'm going to apply........maybe later tonight, and hope to post my results later.
7 years 10 months ago #2

Replied by FrankN on topic Guess who owns it now?

I used to use Bill Me Later, but I never had the option of paying no interest. I think there are certain requirements for that, and for some reason, I guess I was not qualified for it.
7 years 10 months ago #3

Replied by patse on topic Guess who owns it now?

Egghead wrote: You may not be surprised to know that PayPal have taken over Bill Me Later. It is now called PayPal credit and from what I have read you can sometimes choose to defer payment for up to 6 months and pay no interest.

Of course PayPal took it over. They seem to be taking over a lot. I like the idea of having 6 months to pay for larger items though.
7 years 11 months ago #4

Replied by Breakinger on topic Guess who owns it now?

I've seen this option on my PayPal account, but I've never used it. Does anyone know how it works? This could come in handy for some of those larger purchases that you need now, but don't have all the money up front for it.
8 years 1 month ago #5

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Guess who owns it now?

Egghead wrote: You may not be surprised to know that PayPal have taken over Bill Me Later. It is now called PayPal credit and from what I have read you can sometimes choose to defer payment for up to 6 months and pay no interest.

I think the deferred payment plan is based on spending a certain amount, right? I believe there is also a protection plan involved, which would be good for someone who shops on Etsy, eBay, etc. a lot.
8 years 1 month ago #6

Replied by Egghead on topic Guess who owns it now?

You may not be surprised to know that PayPal have taken over Bill Me Later. It is now called PayPal credit and from what I have read you can sometimes choose to defer payment for up to 6 months and pay no interest.
8 years 1 month ago #7

Replied by patse on topic Re: Bill Me Later

I have never used anything like this. Is it like financing with the store instead of using a credit card? I don't know if it's reported on your credit history. I would think it would be.
8 years 1 month ago #8

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Bill Me Later

Bill Me Later is a service offered by Webbank to literally thousands of online retailers, basically its almost similar to pay pal except when you go to check out you can chose to use Bill Me Later as a form of payment, usually some sort of promotional terms such as 6 months no interest. NewEgg, Circuit City, CompUSA, JC Whitney, all offer a payment method called a Preferred Account which is powered by Bill Me Later as well, and these trade lines are hidden also. CIT Bank was the primary holder of these accounts until about 2 years ago when CIT filed bankruptcy and sold all of their Bill Me Later accounts off to Webbank.
12 years 3 months ago #9
  • Nuovocapitolo
  • Nuovocapitolo's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Nuovocapitolo on topic Re: Bill Me Later

For those of us less learned. What is "Bill Me Later"?

It's a financing service. One that apparently doesn't report to the credit bureaus which sucks. check it out. www.billmelater.com
12 years 3 months ago #10

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Bill Me Later

Bill me later does not report to any of the bureaus, but, its a very nice hidden tradeline to have!

For those of us less learned. What is "Bill Me Later"?
12 years 3 months ago #11

Replied by patrick12 on topic Re: Bill Me Later

Bill me later does not report to any of the bureaus, but, its a very nice hidden tradeline to have! :thumbsup:
12 years 3 months ago #12
  • Nuovocapitolo
  • Nuovocapitolo's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Nuovocapitolo

Can anyone tell me if my Bill Me Later account is reported to credit bureaus? My highest credit limit of all my cards is with them. Just curious.
12 years 3 months ago #13