Retail Chain Bankruptcy and Gift Cards

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Retail Chain Bankruptcy and Gift Cards

SNOTTSDALE, LOL. Yeah where I stay theres a Walmart, Super Walmart, and a Nieghborhood Market (walmart equivalent grocery store) all within 5 minutes away. Forme its about which one would I like to go to, the ghetto one, the ok one, or the one that is easiest to get in and out of. I stay at the edge of Phoenix and Glendale border. So Walmart is definitely more convenient for me in AZ than when I stayed in L.A. But I agree Target is more ot my liking.

I love Phoenix
15 years 3 months ago #1

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Retail Chain Bankruptcy and Gift Cards

There is one right on Frank Loydd Wright in Snottsdale.

SNOTTSDALE, LOL. Yeah where I stay theres a Walmart, Super Walmart, and a Nieghborhood Market (walmart equivalent grocery store) all within 5 minutes away. Forme its about which one would I like to go to, the ghetto one, the ok one, or the one that is easiest to get in and out of. I stay at the edge of Phoenix and Glendale border. So Walmart is definitely more convenient for me in AZ than when I stayed in L.A. But I agree Target is more ot my liking.
15 years 3 months ago #2

HA! Not the Target Red Card, Meya. Just Target.
15 years 3 months ago #3

The hardest place to find a good concentration of Walmarts is in SoCal. Its all spread out. I remembered when I use to live in L.A. the nearest Walmarts were in Crenshaw (the HOOD) and I believe in Duarte/Monrovia (like many miles away). Funny because here in Phoenix metro, theres one every few miles of eachother, yur never too far from a Walmart here.

There is one right on Frank Loydd Wright in Snottsdale.
15 years 3 months ago #4

SO, I got an email from PacSun, and it stated that the closure/giftcard rumors are not true for PacSun. They are still in business and giftcards are still being accepted. I did read however that they closed their demo stores and one thousand steps stores all together. The two were apparently not meeting expectations and were consequently shut down for poor performance and as a way to save costs. So thats one down from the list thats a rumor and not fact.
15 years 3 months ago #5

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Retail Chain Bankruptcy and Gift Cards

I hear you. I like Target better myself.

:upset:
15 years 4 months ago #6

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Retail Chain Bankruptcy and Gift Cards

I do my most of my shopping online so it's really convenient for me.
15 years 4 months ago #7

Well, Panorama City is right next to Van Nuys so there's no need to open two Wal-Marts in the same area. I work in North Hollywood which is also next to Van Nuys but I'm too tired to drive to Wal-Mart after work. I open the shop at 8

I hear you. I like Target better myself.
15 years 4 months ago #8

Well, Panorama City is right next to Van Nuys so there's no need to open two Wal-Marts in the same area. I work in North Hollywood which is also next to Van Nuys but I'm too tired to drive to Wal-Mart after work. I open the shop at 8:30am and leave at 5:30pm. The only thing I'm thinking of after work is going home.
15 years 4 months ago #9

Yup, Walmart is few and far between in SoCal. I read that it has something to do with space. Walmart asks for a certain amount of square feet for the store and seperate square feet for the parking lot (which equates to a huge chunk of parcel that Cali is running out of). Target has been getting smart and building up rather than out as thier presence is more in LA area. Geez, all this talk about L.A. is making me realize how much I miss the place, strange but true, LOL.

There are Wal-Marts in Panorama City, Porter Ranch, West Hills and Stevenson Ranch. Interesting, you would think they would be in the more, how should I say, depressed cities like Van Nuys?
15 years 4 months ago #10

Yup, Walmart is few and far between in SoCal. I read that it has something to do with space. Walmart asks for a certain amount of square feet for the store and seperate square feet for the parking lot (which equates to a huge chunk of parcel that Cali is running out of). Target has been getting smart and building up rather than out as thier presence is more in LA area. Geez, all this talk about L.A. is making me realize how much I miss the place, strange but true, LOL.
15 years 4 months ago #11

Not that I know of.
15 years 4 months ago #12

There aren't any Wal-Marts in my area so forget about them.

There are no Wal Marts in North Hollywood? Hmmmm
15 years 4 months ago #13

I live about 20 minutes away from the Duarte and Monrovia area but I do not feel like driving down there to do my shopping. I just think of it as the money I save at Wal-Mart is the money I put in for gas to drive all the way over there rather than the Von's down the street.
15 years 4 months ago #14

There aren't any Wal-Marts in my area so forget about them.

The hardest place to find a good concentration of Walmarts is in SoCal. Its all spread out. I remembered when I use to live in L.A. the nearest Walmarts were in Crenshaw (the HOOD) and I believe in Duarte/Monrovia (like many miles away). Funny because here in Phoenix metro, theres one every few miles of eachother, yur never too far from a Walmart here.
15 years 4 months ago #15