credit card approvals after bankruptcy

Replied by hanna on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

Hanna, since the conversion of National City accounts to PNC is on schedule (i think); you can apply for a credit card with PNC. Their credit cards still don't have annual fees. Isn't that great?!

That's great to know belle!Thanks!:cool:
14 years 2 weeks ago #1

Replied by belle on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

Hanna, since the conversion of National City accounts to PNC is on schedule (i think); you can apply for a credit card with PNC. Their credit cards still don't have annual fees. Isn't that great?! :cheesing:
14 years 3 weeks ago #2

Replied by hanna on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

I'm not sure if the card is still available due to the merger with PNC Bank. They may have discontinued the card. However, you should look into the Public Savings Bank secured card. They don't pull your credit reports, report to all 3 CRA's, don't have an annual fee ($79 one-time fee), and offer 0% interest on purchases for the first 6 months.

Thanks hjm331, I'll look into it.:cool:
14 years 3 weeks ago #3

Replied by maureen on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

When you apply for credit, the lender will pull your report. When your credit report is pulled, it's called an inquiry.

Thanks for explaining hjm331. :cool: But from where will the lender pull my report?
14 years 3 weeks ago #4

Replied by greese on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

I agree. It will take a lot of time paying through those debts if not taken cared of immediately. I'm still paying mine

Aren't we all?:white-flag: Having credit cards really needs a lot of self discipline and a sense of responsibility...but I don't know if I have them.:scared:
14 years 3 weeks ago #5

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

I agree. It will take a lot of time paying through those debts if not taken cared of immediately. I'm still paying mine

You're not the only one. :white-flag:

Do they require a lot of paper work for the application especially for someone who just got back from bankruptcy?

I'm not sure if the card is still available due to the merger with PNC Bank. They may have discontinued the card. However, you should look into the Public Savings Bank secured card. They don't pull your credit reports, report to all 3 CRA's, don't have an annual fee ($79 one-time fee), and offer 0% interest on purchases for the first 6 months.

Inquiries for what?

When you apply for credit, the lender will pull your report. When your credit report is pulled, it's called an inquiry.
14 years 4 weeks ago #6

Replied by maureen on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

I didn't know that getting too many inquaries will lower your credit scores. How long should you wait before applying for a credit card after you have already requested.

Inquiries for what?
14 years 4 weeks ago #7

Replied by hanna on topic Re: CCs for people who have filed bankruptcy

You should apply for the National City secured card. I have heard a lot of people get approved for that card regardless of their credit.

Do they require a lot of paper work for the application especially for someone who just got back from bankruptcy?
14 years 4 weeks ago #8

Replied by julienne on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

My advice to you is just stick with the cards you currently have and pay them on time and don't go over your limit.

I agree. It will take a lot of time paying through those debts if not taken cared of immediately. I'm still paying mine :embarrassed:
14 years 1 month ago #9

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

i didn't know you can still use a credit card after filing for bankruptcy.

It all depends on if the credit card issuer keeps your account open or not. Most lenders will close your account.
14 years 1 month ago #10

Replied by belle on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

i didn't know you can still use a credit card after filing for bankruptcy. :confused:
14 years 1 month ago #11

Replied by karylle on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

It's really hard to get lower interest rates immediately after declaring bankruptcy. getting a new card will definitely help you in your bankruptcy recovery especially if you're paying it on time.

If you want to speed up your recovery, if you have a trusted friend or relative, ask them to make you an authorized user on one of their credit cards. Your bankruptcy won't affect your friend's credit, but you'll automatically get the account history for that card in your report.

by the way, here's another advice. make sure that all the accounts you've included in the bankruptcy are showing $0 balances as they should. your credit score will suffer if they still report your account as delinquent.

if you're from UK (or even if not), it will be helpful to read more about bankruptcy advices here [link removed].
14 years 1 month ago #12

Replied by Meya on topic Re: credit card approvals after bankruptcy

1/21/2010
14 years 2 months ago #13

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: CCs for people who have filed bankruptcy

You should apply for the National City secured card. I have heard a lot of people get approved for that card regardless of their credit.
14 years 9 months ago #14

Replied by tosha29 on topic CCs for people who have filed bankruptcy

Hi everyone, my bankruptucy was just discharged in March 2009, I'm trying to rebuid my credit any suggestions? I have been approved for an Orchard CC ($300). I would like to have one more credit card. Do you know of any banks that will give an unsecured credit card to someone who just filed bk?
14 years 9 months ago #15