Barclay's

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Barclay's

It just keeps on coming! The banking industry and their "GREED"!!! Barclay's is truely working at it's own failure?

Here is a new announcement in the Wall Street Journal released at 8:56 CDT am July 27, 2012

B arclays's Finance Chief Investigated

BY DAVID ENRICH AND MAX COLCHESTER

LONDON—Barclays PLC's chief financial officer is under investigation by British authorities related to the bank's 2008 fundraising activities with Middle Eastern investors, dealing a fresh blow to a bank that already this month has lost its chairman, chief executive and chief operating officer.

Barclays said the Financial Services Authority has launched a formalinvestigation involving four current and former employees, including finance chief Chris Lucas, regarding the giant British bank's disclosure of fees and business arrangements with Qatari investors, among others. Qatar's sovereign-wealth fund was among the investors that pumped billions of pounds into Barclays during the first phase of ...
11 years 8 months ago #1

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: Barclay's

This is one bank that can not seem to provide a stable environment for itself. They are at it again as written in the Wall Street Journal:

Barclays Faces New Scrutiny, Wall Street Journal 07-27-12 Barclays came under renewed scrutiny after the lender put aside millions more pounds to cover the misselling of financial products and said its finance director was being investigated.
11 years 8 months ago #2

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Barclay's

Here is a new list of their cards to choose from, I am not sure how old the link is https://www.juniper.com/app/ccsite/affiliates/prtnrCoBrandDynamic.jsp
14 years 9 months ago #3

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Barclay's

I have a Juniper MasterCard and its not issued BoA, but Barclays. So which cards were "supposedly" bought from Barclays by BoA?????

Please read my post from 9/3/08. US Airmiles Visa is issued by BofA and the US Airmiles MasterCard is issued by Barclay's.
15 years 6 months ago #4

Bofa bought US Airmiles
15 years 6 months ago #5

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Barclay's

I have a Juniper MasterCard and its not issued BoA, but Barclays. So which cards were "supposedly" bought from Barclays by BoA?????
15 years 6 months ago #6

The US Airway's Visa used to be issued by BofA a long time ago, and before that it was issued by NationsBank (NationsBank actually bought out Bank of America in the late 90's and kept the BofA name). Not sure when BofA transferred this to Juniper-seems odd that they would sell it off and then take it back, unless it is a license thing....

Okay, just Googled it, US Airways Visa's are issued by FIA Card Services (BofA a la MBNA) and the US Airways MasterCard's are issued by Barclay's.
http://www.usairways.com/awa/content/dividendmiles/creditcards/default.aspx
15 years 6 months ago #7

They are here. I have Travelocity Mastercard, and yes Itunes and Carnival Seamiles are Barclays also. They are bk friendly, but they are about slow as hsbc when it comes to cli's. Bank of America is buying barclays cards, I do know that the US Airmiles is already transfered to bofa.

The US Airway's Visa used to be issued by BofA a long time ago, and before that it was issued by NationsBank (NationsBank actually bought out Bank of America in the late 90's and kept the BofA name). Not sure when BofA transferred this to Juniper-seems odd that they would sell it off and then take it back, unless it is a license thing....
15 years 6 months ago #8

So I guess they are playin the "Rick Ross" on us hugh?
15 years 9 months ago #9

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Barclay's

BofA is just buying everything in it's way. I love it! The corporate office members are hustlers and know what they are doing. :cheesing:
15 years 9 months ago #10

If BofA is taking over some of barclays cards, is that the reason why it seems to be difficult to get the US Airways card???? I applied online and their reason for denying was nothing other than "We are unable to approve you at this time." No statement saying that Ill be mailed out a letter or a 7-10 day response. ANyone run into this whiel applying???-

I do believe that this is the reason for denials. Juniper was (still is) bk friendly and co's + derog friendly while Bofa is not going for it. USairmiles was much easier to get before bofa got a hold of it. I just tell everyone to go for the seamiles instead,
15 years 9 months ago #11

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Barclay's

Cireone, Bank of America has only bought out the Juniper card as of right now. I don't know if they have any intentions of buying the rest of them.
15 years 9 months ago #12
  • Tynece
  • Tynece's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Barclay's

If BofA is taking over some of barclays cards, is that the reason why it seems to be difficult to get the US Airways card???? I applied online and their reason for denying was nothing other than "We are unable to approve you at this time." No statement saying that Ill be mailed out a letter or a 7-10 day response. ANyone run into this whiel applying???-

https://www.juniper.com/app/japply/appstatus/appStatStartDynamic.jsp
Try this link it will tell you the reason right away. Then you can call an analyst at Juniper: 866-408-4064 (Credit Analyst)
15 years 9 months ago #13

Replied by cireone on topic Re: Barclay's

15 years 9 months ago #14
  • Tynece
  • Tynece's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Tynece on topic Re: Barclay's

I have no idea either. I can cal land ask on of the employees. I used my barclays card today at walmart for the first time. They say I should get 25000 miles for this first use. So far so good.
15 years 9 months ago #15