JP Morgan Chase & Co

Replied by FrankN on topic Chase

I have also had very positive experience with this bank as well. Its hard to say something positive about large national banks, but with Chase, I have had great experience.
7 years 10 months ago #1

Replied by FrugalFran on topic Chase

I agree that they are very professional...I just wish they had offices where I live! I keep thinking that eventually they'll start popping up where I am, but it has yet to happen. I do everything by mail at this point and I do have to say they process my transactions quickly.
7 years 11 months ago #2

Replied by JG224 on topic Chase

We have been a customer of Chase for over 10 years both for banking and mortgage and I can honestly say we have not had anything negative to report about them. We even had a mortgage issue and our modification was handled in about 2 months and we received the modification we needed. I have never dealt with a nasty or rude customer service person.
7 years 11 months ago #3

That is very interesting and good to hear. I had no idea they were not in those states. I just assumed they were.
8 years 2 months ago #4
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

Replied by Wanderer on topic Chase

Interesting ... I was inquiring about Chase products (curiosity) and was blocked as my zip code did not fit in their market area foot print. Know that I too stay clear of the big banks and find banking at a regional or local level works for me. Have used credit unions too. As to access to various products along with the internet and ATM sharing.
8 years 3 months ago #5

FrankN wrote: Thanks for the post frugalfran. If you don't mind me asking, where have you moved to? I would be interested to know what areas there were not Chase branches.

Sorry, Frank...I just saw this.

We have had issues with no Chase branch in parts of Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Pennsylvania. We originally opened the account in south Louisiana and there were Chase branches everywhere there. It's almost comical that everywhere else we have gone is Chase-less. You should hear me when I get on the phone with them with a problem and they tell me I have to go into a branch. I probably sound a lot like a volcano erupting. :lol:
8 years 3 months ago #6

Replied by Curry on topic Chase

Wanderer wrote: ........the most squeaky-clean Wall Street banks........

There's no such animal in that zoo. State Credit Unions are the way to go if you're looking for honesty in the banking industry. I have tried Chase, Bank of America, and another local "bank", and they all seemed too corporate and stiff for my liking.
8 years 4 months ago #7

Thanks for the post frugalfran. If you don't mind me asking, where have you moved to? I would be interested to know what areas there were not Chase branches.
8 years 7 months ago #8

My husband and I travel and move quite a bit because of his job, so we started banking with Chase over seven years ago thinking it would be our best bet for finding branches in the various places we go. Since then, we have traveled to more places than I can count and have moved three times and there has never been a Chase branch within a reasonable distance. As for the customer service we've experienced, it's been just okay; nothing terrible, but nothing to do cartwheels over, either.
8 years 7 months ago #9

Replied by JELOPEZ88 on topic Re: JP Morgan Chase & Co

I have had a checking account with JP Morgan (Chase) since June 2009. While I have enjoyed the rewards points program that comes with the account ( I made a donation for the disasters in Japan by converting my points into a $25.00 check for Red Cross), it takes way too long for them to credit a deposit. Sometimes, I have to wait almost a week before the funds are available, plus if I don't have direct deposits or at least five debit transactions, I am charged a $6.00 a month fee. After recently opening a checking account with Bank of America, it was a pleasant surprise to discover they have a faster turnaround time and I have use of the money the same day I make the deposit. Of course, in order to avoid the $8.95 a month fee, the account is "self-serve", meaning ATM or internet access free of charge. However, I do most, if not all, of my banking via the internet anyway , so meeting that requirement is no problem. See ya later, Chase.
12 years 7 months ago #10

Replied by derek1061 on topic Re: JP Morgan Chase & Co

Yeah but if you meet the minimum balance requirement then you dont have to worry about it. I took advantage of the offer. Its like free money. I would totally go for it.
12 years 7 months ago #11

Replied by Joeyman on topic Re: JP Morgan Chase & Co

Chase keeps sending me mail offers to get $150 upon opening a checking account. Tempting.

I read the fine print today to find monthly fees consist on eligible accounts, $10-$15 a month. :thumbsup: Oh yeah, my credit union will never charge checking fees.
12 years 7 months ago #12
  • Wanderer
  • Wanderer's Avatar Topic Author

was created by Wanderer

Well the one big bank who essentially came through the financial meltdown is now facing the music. Questions have been brought up related to the JP Morgan Chase & Co. CEO Mr Dimon. Will he continue to be a force in the financial world or will the outcome of the present J.P. Morgan's $154 million settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission stemming from allegedly misleading investors in collateralized debt obligations underscores how even the most squeaky-clean Wall Street banks succumbed to industry pressure to juice earnings through questionable practices. Where will he land after the fall out? Is this slight indiscretion to be overlooked or...? The Wall Street Journal on line today questions his future?

Hmm... and we need to give away more tax money to the elite as they know better than the average person...? Hmm...!
12 years 9 months ago #13