Who's in College?

Replied by dreamr802 on topic I'm currently getting my degree

I'm currently getting my degree in Print Journalism. I'll be graduating December 2008, THANK GOD. I can't wait to be out of school. I am not that good with school unfortunately.
15 years 11 months ago #151

Replied by saurabh on topic right now i am in

right now i am in last semester and doing b.tech.After this i am looking forward to do M.B.A.
15 years 11 months ago #152

Replied by sophie on topic That is a good move

That is a good move to finish school. What do you plan to do with a religious studies degree? I am juts curious, I never heard of someone using that before. I am curious why you picked that degree and what types of classes you are taking.

16 years 1 week ago #153
  • Meya
  • Meya's Avatar Topic Author
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Fingers officaily crossed, U-Go! :laugh:

Fingers officaily crossed, U-Go!
:laugh:
16 years 1 week ago #154

Replied by Lyyssa on topic This is my last semester

This is my last semester in community college. I transfer to a four year in the fall. My major is Religious Studies with a minor in Asian Studies (I am part Asian). I have an appointment to meet with the RS dept. head on Thusday, and am very nervous. I am feeling very overwhelmed with how much school I have left (2 years bachelor, and then 1 year in an accelerated Masters program). But I've made a goal, and a commitment to myself, and I plan on seeing it through. :) *crosses fingers*
16 years 1 week ago #155
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic If you stop off in

If you stop off in San Francisco, you are for sure to get a high five from me.
:laugh: :laugh:
16 years 1 week ago #156

Replied by descorpio on topic Thank you for the overwhelming

Thank you for the overwhelming responses. I am so glad and have joined the site. I expect more to learn from you people. I am also cheerful that i have got so many guidance from here and i would love to get the same in the near future. I am in the third year of my engineering and aspiring to work in USA and do my post graduation.
I have one more year to complete my course. I have also got good academic credits.

Hopeful to come to USA to meet you all next year.
16 years 1 week ago #157

Replied by sophie on topic A contact network is built

A contact network is built up consisting of their direct connections.It can then be used to find jobs, people and business opportunities .Employers can list jobs and search for potential candidates.
16 years 1 week ago #158
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Exactly, let's hope he make

Exactly, let's hope he make it there.
:fun:
16 years 2 weeks ago #159

Replied by sophie on topic Your right, linked in is

Your right, linked in is great. I have been there for a couple of years now and I have many colleges. The site even offers people whom you worked with in the past to make recommendations of you to potential employers.
16 years 2 weeks ago #160
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic Hi descorpio, I think you

Hi descorpio, I think you will have a better chance if you discussed this with your career counselor. One question, have you signed up with Linkedin.com? It is a great way to find potential employers and alumni who have great knowledge about what you are seeking.
16 years 2 weeks ago #161

Replied by sophie on topic It's been years and years

It's been years and years since I was in university, I graduated in Math and Science, I have to say I never had so much fun in my life as when I was in university

I wish I had fun in College. I went in later then most people and it was not fun for me because I had already done my share of partying and having fun. It thought it was hard and unbearable.

16 years 2 weeks ago #162

Replied by descorpio on topic hey guys... am very happy

hey guys... am very happy to find such a student community here. Now i think i could get the right kind of guidance from you all. I want some sort of information regarding the foll:

I am going to finish my engineering graduate soon. My wish is to study in USA(MBA). But i do not have much financial credits with me as of now. But i heard that there are companies which recruit students after their completion of Under Graduation and make us work for them in USA for about 6 months and after which they will make us do an MBA with any of the university in USA paying our tuition fee. (provided we work satisfyingly for the company).

So i will be thankful if anyone lets me know information reg this so that by working i can improve my financial credits and also will be able to complete my ambitious degree program. Thanks in advance.

16 years 2 weeks ago #163

Replied by sophie on topic I am sorry; I did

I am sorry; I did not mean to make you feel bad. My school is not private. It cost me more then that for my BA too. I think this is a good deal as well and I picked this school in lieu of the one I got a BA in for that purpose.

16 years 2 weeks ago #164
  • Meya
  • Finance Commander
  • Finance Commander

Replied by Meya on topic That is a cool price.

That is a cool price. Only $20k for a MBA? That is dirt cheap. I also take online clasees, my math class is the first in-class session I have taken since I have been there. They don't charge us any different from online and traditional in-class courses. My school is private and maybe that makes a big difference. I had to pay more than that for my AA. You got me feeling like I have been ripped off
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
16 years 2 weeks ago #165