The Blizzard of 2010

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Im in North Texas and it has been snowing all day!

lol :fun: i just made that statement in jest. I was born and raised in Fort Worth and for the last ten years we have experinced some tremendous out of the ordinary thunderstorms here.I missed the tornado that hit downtown Fort Worth by fifteen minutes:scared:, power outages in almost two third of the metroplex that lasted for a couple of weeks and quite a few more damaging storms i remember that was really weird.
14 years 1 month ago #16

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Holy long time no see, Rivas!
14 years 1 month ago #17

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Here in Texas i would trade our ridiculous thunderstorms with tornadoes for a nice deep cold blizzard any day lol

14 years 1 month ago #18

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

We sure do have the geography of the US in on this one!
14 years 1 month ago #19

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Here in Texas i would trade our ridiculous thunderstorms with tornadoes for a nice deep cold blizzard any day lol :cheesing:
14 years 1 month ago #20

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

The upside is that you get to drink hot chocolate all day long. :laugh:
14 years 1 month ago #21

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

Havn't seen you in a while rwmtd. Sorry about the snow!
14 years 1 month ago #22

Replied by Wanderer on topic Re: The Blizzard of 2010

rwmtd - I live in the frozen northern tundra where we have a good amount of snow. There is NO global warming here! Our winter is shaping up to be normal from the 1950's through to the 1990's. Cold... with most nights below zero. Reminds me why I wanted to leave except the entire nation is feeling the winter pain. Where even to go. Overseas is seeing extended cold and large amounts of snow. Yeah... we get cabin fever in Minnesota most "normal" winters (every year). Gotta love it...?!
14 years 1 month ago #23
  • rwmtd
  • rwmtd's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked

was created by rwmtd

Hello FG family, I am starting to get cabin fever here in very snowy Washington DC (been in the house since last Friday). I know you've probably heard that we have been pretty much snowed in here since over this past weekend.

Hey I know that there are places that get more than their share of snow and handle it very well but in this area since it is very rare to get this kind of snow we don't "do snow" very well.

Boy this is the time I wish I was somewhere very warm and sunny :cool:

Thanks for letting me blow off steam FG Fam

ComputerLady (aka rwmtd)
14 years 1 month ago #24