And what do you do for a living ?

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I work as a business analyst in software development. I assist the users and stakeholders at coming up with the ideal application to solve their needs and bring that information to the developer. My focus has been mostly healthcare over the past 7 years - kind of happened accidentally, but it seems I've found a niche. Good work, good pay with an abundance of opportunities.

Pretty cool. So, you develop systems for healthcare companies? What are some of the insurance companies that you've worked with?
15 years 2 months ago #31

Replied by wrknprogrs on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

I work as a business analyst in software development. I assist the users and stakeholders at coming up with the ideal application to solve their needs and bring that information to the developer. My focus has been mostly healthcare over the past 7 years - kind of happened accidentally, but it seems I've found a niche. Good work, good pay with an abundance of opportunities.
15 years 2 months ago #32

Replied by Meya on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

:white-flag: :white-flag:
15 years 2 months ago #33

Replied by wrknprogrs on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Everyone seems to have such interesting jobs

Just a housewife - you clearly underestimate the value and importance of your work! You have one of the most important jobs on the face of the earth! If you were compensated financially for your work, you'd probably make 1 million dollars annually! You work around the clock at caring for and nurturing children to grow into adults! That's a VERY important job and a very taxing one! You never get time off, your day does not end at 5:00 pm. When was the last time you took a sick day or a "slick" day? Never, right? It's not allowed!
15 years 2 months ago #34

Replied by MsKiwi on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Alright. I haven't been on in a bit because after the restaurant I worked at closed I began working part time at a vet clinic. Then a new restaurant opened and I ended up having 2 jobs (go figure) The part time job was a temporary job but it paid the bills. So I've been way busy!

I decided I didn't want a management position again so I'm back to waiting tables. Maybe later I'll get back into mgmt, but for now I'm enjoying the stress free life. The fact that the money is much better as a waitress is an added bonus.:laugh:
15 years 2 months ago #35

Let's take this to the "Who's in college thread because I (and we) need to really hear about this https://www.financeglobe.com/SocialNet/forum/showthread.php?t=432&highlight=who%27s+college
15 years 3 months ago #36

Replied by Gamergal74 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Brian23 I live in Virginia. I came here from Reno, Nevada and I was appalled at the pay here. I just don't see how people make it with these low paying jobs.:confused: Anyways I heard that the life & health was a little bit easier than the P&C but regardless I am considering getting all of them to tell you the truth. Now in my state they allow you to take the classes online which is really cool. You still have to go take the test for your license but being able to study from home will be a big help for me.:relieved:
15 years 3 months ago #37

Replied by Brian23 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Gamergal74, the test wasn't really that hard at all (actually to be honest, I failed the 1st time because I was too nervous and my employer kept pushing me to pass so that I could start working some large clients and bring them on board). Yeap, I work in the Healthcare Industry, but I am a dental/vision sales rep for a major health carrier. On the side, I have a couple of Individual/Group Health clients (mainly in NJ, where I am from). Which commonwealth do you live in? If its PA, I have my non-resident license there and the test wasn't that hard at all (but than again, I just took the Health portion of it, cause that was all I needed). LOL.

I have to agree with Meya, my hat is off to all full-time homemakers...
15 years 3 months ago #38

Any suggestions would be helpful!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll tell you in the club:innocent:
15 years 3 months ago #39

I hear you Pamela, it seems like that's all I do day in and day out. It got stale a long time ago but I do enjoy being able to see all the little (GOOD)things the kids do that my husband misses and wishes he can see. So I guess it's not all bad. What I am mad about is that he bought a dog like a month before he left. I told him to wait until he gets back cuz that's just one more thing I have to take care of but nooooo...

As far as time with the hubby all I can't say depending on your situation. Do you mind me asking how old your kids are?
15 years 3 months ago #40

Replied by pamela2 on topic Re: And what do you do for a living ?

Sis your right on all the stuff you just said. I some times feel like a maid a day care worker a chef but almost never a wife. Me and hubby need some time for each other but never get it. Any suggestions would be helpful!!!!!!!!!!!:white-flag:ps no babysitter my family lives out of town.
15 years 3 months ago #41

ohhh ok, so then he will not have to changed diapers and pick up toys when it is his turn to stay home...lol. Well buddie, he got cha!:laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #42

I see your point Meya. There are some days that I just want to say " I quit!" Lol. Of course that's not an option but yeah it does get really crazy and hectic. My husband wants me to be stay at home until he retires in about 7 more years. That's not fair cuz they will be much older by then but then he will have to deal with the whole teen years thing, hehe.:cheesing:
15 years 3 months ago #43

Gamergal74, from the stories that I have heard. Being a stay-at-home mom, is like 3 full-time jobs itself. lol...

I be trying to tell people this......such as Pam:laugh: I would rather work 70 hrs per week than to be at home all day. The work is much harder. I tilt my hats to all stay at home individuals, I have done it myself and I swear I was near death.

I don't care what hotel or business you clean, home is worser. I don't care what day care you work at, dealing with your kids at home is much worser. I don't care what type of therapy field you work in, trying therapy on your family is much worser. I don't care what type of Dr. you are, taking care of kids and a grown man is much worser.....I can go on and on you know, but I will get depressed and have flashbacks:laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #44

Replied by Gamergal74 on topic `Wow Brian! Was the exam

`Wow Brian! Was the exam hard for your life & health? Are you working in that field right now? I used to work in an insurance office as a receptionist but one of the licensed agents was a friend of mine and her take home every two weeks was like 2k+. I live in a commonwealth state so the pay here is crap so at the end of the day I have to weigh paying child care for two children vs. what I would make just to see if it would even be worth the trip. It would'nt make since to get a job making only enough to cover childcare and gas, that would totally defeat the purpose of working when I could stay home to spend more time with my kids. On the ther hand 4k a month would totally be worth it, even 2 1/2 or 3k would also.:innocent:
15 years 3 months ago #45