Let's Talk Weight!

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Yuk, it should be a law against those taco's :upset:
15 years 4 months ago #61

Replied by ColoNative on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

mmmmmmm tacos. Do you know who makes the worst tacos? Del Taco.
15 years 4 months ago #62

Replied by RivasGlo on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Its okay! No one knows lazy until they meet me!!!! I use to go running w. my now hubby and we both gained alot of weight because you know we gots to feed each other and all those late night JackintheBox tacos add up! :cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #63

I bought the Bean and I have Turbro Jam and Billy Banks

I got the bean too, I just thought it was too lazy and I started to eat while I was using it. The funny part is that I went to sleep on it until I fell off of it...lol. Oh so you got Turbo Jams! Charlene is my girl, I love her. Now let me just say one thing, I can tell you how to work a miracle on that one. OK, do two of them, the easy ones which are the green CD, 20 minute workout an the yellow ab jams. Now watch this, all of them together will only be 20 minutes per workout or less. Let me tell you about less, I just came from in the garage doing it.

1. Put in the 20minute green CD, and do not pump the volume. Stop the CD when she tell us to slow down with the cross punches because you do not need to cool down since you are on fire and going to another one, which is the yellow ab CD. She is going to warm you up then.

2. Do the 10 minutes standing up, and the 10 minutes laying down. Stop when she have you to turn around to up-dog pose because that is really nothing, you are going to cool yourself down while going to the shower or doing something else.

I find this much easier for me while working and studying. We are burning calories regardless if we used the 45 minute cardio workout because you just put 2 Cd's together totaling 40 minutes. I only do the 45 minutes when I feel like working out and is bored or stressed. I do not do the blue CD (punch kick jam) because it is bored. I don't know why since I do Billy Blake's, but I just don't like it. Billy have me on the ground laughing I just don't like counting to 8 with the moves he got. He is too fast and tires my feet and knees out, but when I go berserk on junk I punish myself with him. The Turbo jams is better and I like the music, the music do get bored some and you hear it all through your head constantly....lol. But it is much easier for me. You see how Amerilla lost 75 doing that? That is what keeps me motivated. I lost a nice size weight off of her exercise alone, not including her meal plan. If I have to follow a meal plan, I will soon quit.
15 years 4 months ago #64

Replied by DivaDoNot on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

I have tried to workout but I'm soooooooooooo lazy. I had to do it when I was active duty but now you couldn't pay me to drive past the gym. I bought the Bean and I have Turbro Jam and Billy Banks and a few other things but they are in storage until next month(hopefully). I do have a Wii Fit that I plan on using as soon as my furniture gets delivered or I go buy a bigger tv.:scared:
15 years 4 months ago #65

Nice info, that is the truth. Just what you said alone, is a good way to keep our Metabolism burning. I don't do the gym thingy either. My gym is at home in my garage. But I have noticed that when I took my break of nearly 1 month and half, my metabolism is what kept me from gaining my weight back so quickly! I nearly eat what I used to but in a different way. Low to no salt intake, I used my broth or spices for that. But all we have to do, is what you mentioned above. I hope that gets through to a lot of members head.....we do not have to strain ourselves in a gym for results. Thanks relidtm!

PS, let me throw a bug in, you men loose weight faster than we do. That is why I don't like working out with my husband, he makes my head explode when he tries to blend in for support. :upset:
15 years 4 months ago #66

Replied by relidtm on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

hmm don't know if i should post or not.. cuz im a guy but its easier for us to loose weight... but here goes
i went from being 160-170 in high school to 245 it seemed like overnight...
I weight 178-185 right now it fluctuates epically around the holidays
and my girlfriend of 4 years went from 120-150 something (she wouldn't even tell me ) in a short amount of time... but basically what I found is key is to do something you like
for instance i tried the gyms.. I HATE IT it bores the poop out of me...
so I started doing Capoeira, now I don't do it as much as I like with working full time and school full time... but I did find it better
another thing I do is bike around my nieghborhood get a little cardio in... again I dont do alot but every little bit helps.. walking the dogs when I have some time and things like that..
also I found out that You dont really have to eat like south beach or anything per say but what you need to do is eat less, portion control is key.
I tend to eat 5 times a day 2 snacks and 3 meals.. and I only buy my groceries for the week... if I dont buy in bulk or anything I tend not to eat it all... even though you save big I think you eat more...
So i guess its a trade off, also My girlfriend stopped eating carbs the days she works out at nights alot and it has helped her drop off her weight slowly but surley..
hope this has helped some of u :)
Reli
15 years 4 months ago #67

Guuurl, get out of here, you reminds me of my sister. She goes from 170-215(max) all the time and she gets on my nerve with her fat stories. I used to weigh 323 lbs went down to 270 and now I am back at 280. Starting all over again, but this time I am doing it by myself because quitters discourages me. I hate to say this but exercising is the key to any weight loss success. It is hard, don't get me wrong, but I have learned to take breaks for at least 1 week and start back. I do the aerobic thingy and the first person I started off with was the George Foreman "Walk It Out" video. I was sweating like heck from that, but as I advanced to other videos like Billy Blake's, I go back and say, "How in the heck was this (George Foreman) video so tired some?"

Our eating habits is also a major factor. I was so tired of the chicken and fish thing, so I gave up with that. It makes me feel like I am on a diet and that I can not do because I will crash for real. I turned to what you are doing, leaving the grease and unhealthy (well, I do sneak:innocent:) foods alone. Once per month, I am going to have my candy, got to have it or everyone in the house will have no choice but to bury themselves. That includes kids and all. Even my nephew will pause his video game and volunteer to walk to the store. :laugh:

But hey, what we should do is start a program in here for all of us that wants to join the weight loss ship together. Now that will include pics and all, I hides no shame in my game, that goes for dents, rolls, upside down triangle booties and all. I think it will be fun and will give us some relaxation from the stress with our finances. I am not sure about everyone else in here, but just looking forward to talking with everyone in here on a daily basis eased my urge for application spree, worried about my scores and just everyday stress life. Joining a club really takes the pressure away, as long as you got HJM and Rivas, nothing can go wrong, I mean they are some real down heart partners when it comes to support. Don't get me wrong everyone, you are there too, but it gets different when it gets deep:laugh:.

So anyway, I let me just throw this in and end my conversation, COFFEE makes me talk to much and type tooo fast. So when you see long postings, its the Folders, its not me......lol.

Forget what the military says, that is what we call "Thick!" Thick can come in 150-170lbs, some can come in the 200's as long as it is in the right places, and I am not going to sit here and say, "ohhhh just be proud of yourself for living," its the truth but its hard to hear that when you are not happy with what you got. Finding time and dedication, is the key to a good start, once you go that, you are on a weight loss highway. Now just floor it, and keep going.
15 years 4 months ago #68

Replied by DivaDoNot on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Hello All,
Meya suggested that I pop in on this thread so here I am. I currently weigh 203.5 and I'm 5'6. I wear about a 14/16 depending on who makes. While this may not seem like much the military told me I was obese and that I shouldn't weigh more than 159. Needless to say I am no longer in the military. I was stuck at 210 for about 10 months. I did Weight Watchers and lost 10 pounds in a week. Then I got broke and gained it all back. :innocent: I took the Alli pill for a while and I got stuck at 205 for the longest. Stress helped me get to the 203 so that's where I am now. I eat pretty healthly, I limit my fried foods and I try to drink water. But I DO NOT WORKOUT lol. So that's my story.
15 years 4 months ago #69

Replied by hjm331 on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

I can barely wake up for work in the morning so I have to think of another plan.
15 years 4 months ago #70

Charon, your are so correct about the Turkey wings, that is exactly how I cook them. The only thing I hate about turkey wings is the sticky feeling that you get. You have to scrub your hands and face because the finger licking will not cut it]Hey hjm[/B], I don't see how you can do it after work or at night neither. What I do is get up early in the morning and start, that is what gets me energized throughout the day. My sister and friends has all quit on me but I do not care anymore because all that did was depressed me anyway. I find out that I can work out much better on my own. I don't know what time you get up for work, but try to make it at least 1 hr before your normal time, I know you may say "heck no" but give it try at least for 1 week and see how you can manage that.

I used to go down in my garage at 8am, now that I am by myself, I changed my schedule. Now I bathe my kids at night, iron their clothes, and take 1 hour away from their normal nap time because I am waking up 1 hour earlier than usual. I put my coffee on at 4:45am go down at 5am. I am usually finished exercising by 5:45-6am depending on which exercise disc I stick in, then I go and take my shower, wake up the kids, give them their cereal, dress them, and wait outside for their school bus to come. They are usually out by 7:30am and then if I have to go to work that day, I am all ready and energized.

It did not take long to become adjusted to this schedule, instead it made things easier for me because I have no excuse or have to feel guilty about not exercising that entire day. But, like I mentioned before, there will be no exercising on Xmas, nor Thanksgiving, I plan on the big cheat for that day with no guilty conscious:laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #71

The thing with me is that I always do a diet where I eat anything and everything but only twice a day and not after 6pm. I was successful with it for 2 weeks last month but started eating a lot again because of depression surrounding me around the house and at work. I also try to go to the gym but I'm just too tired to go after work and I don't end up going. I need to find a way to stay consistent and I don't know how that's going to happen.
15 years 4 months ago #72

Replied by charonh on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

The turkey wings are good if you cook them properly (slowly and tightly covered in the oven). They aren't dry at all, but back to the weight issue. I am not overweight, but I have a dear friend who has struggled with her weight since elementary school. She's had knee surgeries, you name it, but four years ago she had the gastric bypass surgery and has suffered from depression every since. She has a very low self esteem due to the excess skin she was left with. I must say, I've seen it, and it brings me to tears and people ask me all the time if she's dying, because she looks so feeble. IMO, she looked a lot better at 340 pds, than she does at 180. Therefore, I would not recommend the surgery for anyone and first and foremost, being healthy is a lot more important than what you weigh. Flatbroke and Meya, I think you are two beautiful women just the way you are, but then again, what you two think of yourselves is really all that matters at the end of the day. I wish you both much luck and success.
15 years 4 months ago #73

Personally, I only eat turkey for the sake of Thanksgiving Day but I really don't like turkey because it's too dry for my taste. I have to start my own tradition when I move out. :laugh:
15 years 4 months ago #74

Replied by mousepad on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

I LIKE THE PLUMP ONES [Edited]:cheesing:
15 years 4 months ago #75