Let's Talk Weight!

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Those e-mail spams about acai are exactly that--spams!

Dr. Oz and Oprah warned us about that!

Dr. Oz says the only way you can truly get the concentrated acai berry is the Mona Vie juice.

Unfortunately, you have to find a Mona Vie sales representative or start selling them yourself in order to obtain a bottle. It's a multi-level marketing scheme (a.k.a. pyramid scheme) because Mona Vie does not want thier product on grocery store shelves where they will be classified as nothing more than a grape juice or something.

Butttt, anyway, Mona Vie really works.
14 years 11 months ago #16

Replied by Meya on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

I have heard of this before, but I am scared because of not knowing who's acai is authentic. All I did was answered a few questions on the spam message that I had received, then wallah, everybody in business start begging me to order their acai, (and it is real acai)...blah blah blah, so I just said forget it....lol.
14 years 11 months ago #17

Replied by KellBell on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Try Mona Vie. It's an acai blend packed with anti-oxidants. It was on Oprah with Dr. Oz. There are no other acai products out there that are true acai products. This is the only one. It's bottled like wine to stay fresh and tastes delicious.

A shot a day and you will most definately lose weight. I was drinking it for the energy and to relieve soreness. I lost 3 lbs in a week without trying. I was a consistent 125 lbs, now I am 122? Crazy!!

I know it sounds insane, but it really works.
14 years 11 months ago #18

I know we never met

Wrong word to say! Once you signed up with FG, you are officially my brother or sister....lmao! Thanks for the encouragement, I will hit up every time I need advice and motivation. Hey, you are so correct about how everyone eat, but I just wanted to add that rice (white) is a simple complex and is encouraged to eat while (before this diet) we are eating healthy. Do you agree? If not, please tell me why. I had lost my 53 lbs with white rice, and brown rice. If you know something different please tell me.

Ohhh, "Red Flag!" For all of us artificial sweetener users, it is time to shut it down or by-pass it. They breakdown into our body as Formaldehyde (did I spell that right.....lol) and it hard on our liver. Some may say it has caused cancer, but here is the good news, it was only discovered in rats,not humans. I read about it, and went straight to my garage an threw i out with my garbage date. It is OK to consume it, but not on a daily usage like I did. I still order it with my coffee, but I am about to give it up and replace it with a vanilla or French cream. I would rather use the sugar before I get on treadmill so that I can work it off.

PS Skew, since I have started back exercising, I am only walking 2.7 for 30min which give me a little over 220 cal burned and about a 1.3 walk on the machine. I will catch up very soon. Thanks for your information, it was very helpful.
14 years 11 months ago #19

Replied by skeewee08 on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Meya I am so glad that you started back with your weight loss goal:-) please don't give up I know it's hard and frustrating but you are a over comer.. Have faith..

I am trying to loose about 25-30lbs: I lost 7 lbs last month; gained 3(birthday was this Monday):innocent:
I walk 1.5 miles on my lunch or 33 minutes on the eliptical
work out on the weekend my goal is to burn 3500 calories a week/weights
I cut out out red meat(never ate pork)
cut out anything white ie... rice..pasta.. potato... refine sugar..
and so far it seems to be working. I know everyone's body is diffrent and every diet works diffrent on people but do what is best for you and your family... and if you get discouraged give me a shout out.. I know we never met but I am here for you.... via email:cheesing:
14 years 11 months ago #20

Well everyone, I started the Alli thingy. I will let you know how it goes, wish me luck. Oh wait, let me tell you about an incident l discovered while reading through the website (for members). Well, I did not know that if you eat beyond the portion of fat grams in your meal plan (mines is 15 grams per servings) the pill will over work you fighting to take out excess fat that your body has consumed. Well, lets just say, when you think you are "undercover" passing gas while no one is around, you would want to go and check you underwear :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
14 years 11 months ago #21

Thanks all. I have been on line trying to find healthy menus so that I can prepare to spend extra money on groceries. I told my husband that we are going to all have to make a change. There is no way that I am going to be able to purchase two types of food taste for everyone in the household. I know this is going to be hard, but it is going to have to be done, and I will work with everyone in the house. I will continue to purchase my kids immediate necessities like top ramen and canned spaghetti and meatballs/ravioli's, but as for dinner, their salt intake is going to be cut down to hardly none, but will be replaced by lemon juice, or lemon pepper, and the only time they are going to eat something fried is when I am allowing them to eat french fries with a meal that is made.

I have to think about them to because we easily feed our kids unhealthy foods and they will be at high risk of diabetes etc. I know my little baby boy is gonna weigh at lease 400 pds if I continue to let him eat the way he do at 7. He is now 80 pds (and my 12 yr old weighs 75), his thighs rubs, he have healthy legs, plumped chest, running around here with a basketball botty (that I will die for), shoes are beginning to creel over like the chubby kids, and always complaining about there being no chips, sodas, ice cream, cereal, or cold hot-dogs in the house. He actually throws a serious temper until all I can think about is putting that old fashion This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. poping on his........... (all the old-school-down-south-adults know what I mean:innocent:). Usually I get right up and go to safeway or my local grocery store and rush it back to the house. Now I am going to start making him eat more vegetables and his snacks are going to be vienna sausages and wheat thins. I am not going to automatically push everyone in the house on fresh home cooked food, but I am going to include it in majority of food that I cook until they get used to it.
15 years 4 days ago #22

Replied by rwmtd on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Meya,

What ever you don't give up you are a wonderful caring person. I am in the process of lossing 25 pounds myself. I used to be one of those "skinny" chicks (a looong time ago). I am 5'6'' and was weighing 170 pounds and putting on at least a pound a month. Well, I got a scare from my doctor and she said because of my family history of diabetes, heart disease and stroke that I am at a greater risk than most.

I joined a gym for the first time ever and started eating healthier it's been a month since I had any red meat and if I eat another grilled chicken breast girl am gonna have to cop a plea! :laugh:

I doing this for myself, my kids and especially for my grand babies (they are six months old). I am in my forties and what to see them grow up.

So, Meya you stay strong and remember you can do this thang :cheesing:
15 years 4 days ago #23

This is sooooooo inspirational! I am gonna get back on track as of May !st, but I would rather hear from you all first because you are my family and my inspiration.
15 years 6 days ago #24

Replied by Rockin35 on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Well, I'm 5'5, has generally always weighed about 136lbs.

Over the past 2 years, I've gained 22lbs, I weigh 149 now. So I have about 13-15lbs to loose.

Headed to the Fat-Girl-Track as we speak!!!

Rockin35!
15 years 6 days ago #25

Replied by eugene66 on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

Wasssup! I am back. Back because I gained nearly 25 pds back. I am back to having hard times sleeping at night without fear of my heart stopping, back is starting to hurt again, sharp pains in my spine & upper thighs, clothes are getting to tight (cant fit majority), buying grease like I own a churches chicken, over eating junk and drinking too much sodas, can't leave the fat on my meat & snatching it offs kids plate, cant walk 3 blocks without breathing hard, and have no motivation to workout what-so-ever.

I need gastric bypass, I don't care about the risk because I am gonna die from overeating and being overweight anyway. What is there to loose? Fat! I try to start back with the aerobics and eating right, but I end up messing up within 2 or 3 days with the aerobics and within 24 hrs with eating. I am so scared because my total weight loss, including breaks was 53 pds. I have gained 23 back, and what scares me the most is that I know I am gonna have a 70lb weight gain back. I never gain back what I lost and then it stops, no, it keeps going and going like a copper top battery.

Sometimes I hate myself and I can not forgive myself for what i have done, but sometimes I think school and work play a huge factor in this. I am taking a summer break from school, and see if I can try again, if I fail, I am going to my Dr on hands and knees crying for surgery because I have failed this weight loss thingy too many times. I have to admit that the last try was the best, but without motivation how can I get back on track?

Sincerely,

The weight loss REJECT

Don't give up trying meya you can do it and stop feeling bad about yourself because you are a beautiful person full of life and spirit.:cheerup:have you tried the portion method where you just drink a glass of water before eating a small amount of what you want to eat and walk at least 30 min a day and in time you will feel better.
15 years 6 days ago #26

Wasssup! I am back. Back because I gained nearly 25 pds back. I am back to having hard times sleeping at night without fear of my heart stopping, back is starting to hurt again, sharp pains in my spine & upper thighs, clothes are getting to tight (cant fit majority), buying grease like I own a churches chicken, over eating junk and drinking too much sodas, can't leave the fat on my meat & snatching it offs kids plate, cant walk 3 blocks without breathing hard, and have no motivation to workout what-so-ever.

I need gastric bypass, I don't care about the risk because I am gonna die from overeating and being overweight anyway. What is there to loose? Fat! I try to start back with the aerobics and eating right, but I end up messing up within 2 or 3 days with the aerobics and within 24 hrs with eating. I am so scared because my total weight loss, including breaks was 53 pds. I have gained 23 back, and what scares me the most is that I know I am gonna have a 70lb weight gain back. I never gain back what I lost and then it stops, no, it keeps going and going like a copper top battery.

Sometimes I hate myself and I can not forgive myself for what i have done, but sometimes I think school and work play a huge factor in this. I am taking a summer break from school, and see if I can try again, if I fail, I am going to my Dr on hands and knees crying for surgery because I have failed this weight loss thingy too many times. I have to admit that the last try was the best, but without motivation how can I get back on track?

Sincerely,

The weight loss REJECT
15 years 1 week ago #27

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

No problem, take your time. I just ate some Church's chicken and came home to some nasty ribs. I know I goofed up yesterday, but I was tired and starving at Church all day

Meya you are a mess LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
15 years 3 months ago #28

No problem, take your time. I just ate some Church's chicken and came home to some nasty ribs. I know I goofed up yesterday, but I was tired and starving at Church all day:laugh:. My husband father is the pastor and every time we come and visit his church he always hold and extra 30 minutes or more of service. All the time, he is preaching and throwing blows at him. We just be sitting back, relaxing, learning and laughing at him the entire time. No one knows who he is talking but us and the rest of the fam that is there, but he is a real good pastor now that he is speaking from today's modern life.

But you know how it goes at the end, my husband has to speak to everyone in the church after it is over. I just take off and run back to my car until I get tired of sitting in there. You know me, I am straight up, I get mad when I have to sit there too long because I know he is in there lying like I don't know what. So, whoever he is standing by, I am quick to say, "You better hurry up before your beers bust in my freezer!" He be so embarrassed because I know he tells his dad that he does not drink anymore and goes to church every Sunday. Yeah right, during football season. I don't think so! Now when he see me coming back in the church, he cuts all conversation short and be running towards me. Anything to keep my mouth shut.:laugh:
15 years 3 months ago #29

Replied by KMoney on topic Re: Let's Talk Weight!

OK, I think I got something for you. When you open my documents, select the doc that you are looking for single click only. Now, look to your left under "File and Task Folders." Under that category, do you see "Publish this file to the Web?" It should have a little globe avatar on the side of it. When you select that, it should then open another smaller page asking if you want to publish all or just the one selected. Make sure it is just the one you selected After that, the Web Publisher Wizard should open up and guide you through the rest. You will be prompt to get a msn account, or I think it is a Microsoft account (which are both free free) if you do not already have one. Then you can start sharing files that you select over the internet.

If someone else in here knows how to help us, please do so, we are desperately trying to get our menu's together here.

Hay Girl sorry for my late response I wasn't online yesterday
15 years 3 months ago #30